nCircle Network Security, the leading vendor of enterprise security software, is seeking a Junior Level DevOps Systems Administrator who is smart, resourceful, and takes initiative. You will be on a team of skilled and dynamic individuals supporting a 24x7 global infrastructure from our downtown San Francisco office (1 block from BART, public transit).
The ideal candidate brings Unix systems administration experience and excellent customer support skills with a high desire for quality. You must have experience in managing heterogeneous remote production-level networks, a drive for quality and a personable approach to enterprise information security. The ideal candidate will work from the nCircle San Francisco office, but will mostly work an early time shift that starts at 6AM Pacific.
This position provides technical, operational and infrastructure support to the nCircle cloud product suite inclusive of PureCloud, Benchmark and PCI scan service. The position handles product support escalation requests that may originate from customer support, engineering or sales that includes tier-1 problem diagnosis and response. The junior DevOps administrator will also be responsible for longer-term project deliverables in conjunction with senior DevOps staff. nCircle maintains compliance to SOC2 reporting and part of this position is to help ensure SOC2 controls are maintained.
- Infrastructure support to the company's cloud product suite that includes managing Windows and Unix systems remotely hosted and Internet facing.
- Issue escalation handling and problem diagnosis inclusive of monitoring systems review; log gathering and other analysis steps on production systems.
- Strict adherence to security requirements.
- SOC2 audit compliance and reporting assistance.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining hardware and software in a heterogeneous network consisting of Windows and Unix.
- Implementing security into the infrastructure.
- Overseeing network server technologies.
- Assist with policy and procedure enforcement and reporting.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of the infrastructure.
- Being on-call and providing after hours response.
Highly Desirable Skills or Qualifications:
- B.S. in Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years experience as a Unix systems administrator. CentOS preferred.
- 2+ years as an IT systems administrator with focus on either Windows or Unix.
- 1+ years experience with Apache webserver in a production environment.
- 1+ years coding and/or scripting experience needed for task automation. Python preferred.
- Ability to work proficiently with little daily guidance.
- Must have working knowledge and ability to properly secure applications and operating systems in a production environment.
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP based networking.
- Hands on experience with networking concepts: switching, routing, VPN.
- Experience working in small companies that take an enterprise level approach to IT.
nCircle offers a dynamic yet casual and fun work environment in various locations throughout North America, including Boston, Atlanta, San Francisco and Toronto. We recognize that our employees are the key to our future as evidenced by our selection as one of the Greater Bay Area’s ‘Best Places to Work’ by the San Francisco Business Times. We offer a unique environment where your ideas are always appreciated and your contributions make an important difference. Because of this philosophy, we offer competitive compensation packages, top-notch benefits as well as stock options to every employee. All of our employees enjoy the ability to make an immediate impact, learn new technologies, and partake in a high-energy, vibrant working environment with extremely accomplished people.
- SSCP, GSEC or similar security certification.
- MSCE, CCNA or better technical certification.
- Mature skills and approach when working with production systems.
- Experience with relational databases in a production environment. PostgreSQL preferred.
- Ruby, Python
- Puppet, Vagrant, VMware, Amazon Web Services