Company that is industry leader in its niche, founded by former Yahoo! Executives recently raised over $100 Million and employee grown by over 400% to over 250 people in last year.
As a Technical Support Analyst (Linux), you will provide support to our customers for diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing Tier 1 Hadoop related issues for our enterprise customers. You will troubleshoot the Data Platform in multiple types of environments and take ownership of problem isolation and resolution, and bug reporting. To be successful in this role, along with language skills, you must be a motivated self-starter, be committed to ongoing self-education, possess strong customer service skills and have excellent technical problem solving skills.
- Engage customers via phone and follow case intake procedures to ensure all appropriate information is in the case prior to moving the case to Tier 2 Technical Support
- Resolve Tier 1 customer problems via telephone, email or remote access
- Maintain customer loyalty through integrity and accountability
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the customer with recommendations and action plans
- Escalate cases to management when customer satisfaction comes into question
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including knowledge base and other internal tools to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues
- Create knowledge base content to capture new learning for re-use throughout the company and user base
- Participate in technical communications within the team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and other ecosystem applications
- Learn as much about Hadoop as you can!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Enthusiastic about Big Data and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain and be in control of customers under all circumstances.
- Grace under pressure - must be able to deal with difficult customer situations with professionalism
- High energy, high integrity, modest demeanor with customers a must
- Support/troubleshooting experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Linux and or Unix environment
- Enterprise storage, databases or high-end server solutions
- Virtualized environments such as ESX, Xen, KVM, or
- AWS and EC2
- NAS and/or SAN
- Distributed Systems