Junior "Big Data" Software Engineer (Linux)
This position involves creating and using custom software tools to gather, manipulate, pre-process, and filter large data-sets. We're looking for a candidate who enjoys working in a fast-paced startup environment, with an interest in artificial intelligence technologies and the semantic web. This position will involve working with more senior engineers, with opportunities for mentorship and career advancement. If you are a self-motivated, highly creative, engineering-focused person, with an interest in AI and related technologies, come talk to us. If you watched IBM Watson compete on Jeopardy and thought "I want to build that", talk to us.
Work in the heart of Denver, overlooking the Platte River, in well-equipped offices. Want to bike to work? We're on a path, with a Denver B-Cycle station right outside, and we offer free bike sharing memberships to all employees. Step outside for lunch or a break at Confluence Park. We offer free gym memberships to all employees. Video games, robots, and other office diversions are also provided.
Interested parties should send cover letter, salary requirements, resume, and other relevant information to: jobs[remove-this-if-you-are-a-human]@alchemyapi.com
- Solid understanding of Linux software development.
- Experience with Linux command-line text manipulation tools.
- Desire and ability to work with large data-sets.
- Good communications & customer management skills.
- Experience in Agile development and object-oriented design.
- Basic Linux system admin knowledge.
- Self-motivation & creativity.
- Familiarity with multiple languages (Java, Python, etc.) is a plus.
Emails only -- Do not call regarding this position -- Applicants only (No recruiters)
AlchemyAPI, Inc. - 13 months ago