Organization: New England Aquarium
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job or Internship: Job
TITLE: Junior Network Administrator/ Help Desk Associate
DEPT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Information Technology
HOURS: Full Time Regular, Tuesday- Saturday, 9:00am-5:00pm
Responsibilities include configuring and maintaining Aquarium servers. Daily duties include performing adds, removes and changes of network users and groups. Troubleshoot connectivity issues between clients, peripherals, and servers. Handle backup and restore procedures. Install, maintain and monitor anti-virus software on servers and clients. Support Windows and Macintosh desktop hardware and software as part of helpdesk function. Provide support to all point-of-sale locations, including ticketing and food service. Assist with business system support and system upgrades.
Schedule for the position is Tuesday- Saturday, 9:00am-5:00pm, 35 hours per week
• Keeps helpdesk and inventory database up-to-date.
• Provide support for retail and point of sale system software and hardware.
• Setup and configuration of all smartphones, mobile devices and clients for remote access.
• Maintain and monitor virus protection for all NEAq servers.
• Daily administration includes all adds, moves, and changes of network ids and email addresses.
• Network administration duties include the configuration, monitoring, and maintenance of MS Windows servers.
• Performs network troubleshooting and provides setup, installation, and support for all users.
• Deploy new desktop computers and rebuilds used desktops with standardized software packages while maintaining end user data and preference settings.
• Must work a regular schedule to include a weekend day (Tuesday- Saturday). Schedules may be adjusted to provide support during peak times.
• Performs other position-related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience
• Requires BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field and 3 years of desktop support and 1 ½ years of network administration experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Hands-on software experience to include Windows server OS in a MS Windows Active Directory preferred.
2. Experience with Microsoft Exchange, PC and Macintosh applications, including Microsoft Office, Trend Micro Anti-virus, and Retrospect.
3. Hands-on hardware experience with Windows desktops and servers, components, peripherals, and cable termination and troubleshooting. Experience with Cisco network hardware is helpful.
4. Experience with backup systems, tape and disk.
5. Experience with UPS hardware and power management systems.
6. Position requires a dedicated professional with a proven track record of reliability and required skills. Ability to work with others, good problem solving, communication and customer service skills.
7. Driver’s License preferred for weekly trips to provide support to the New England Aquarium’s off-site Animal Care Center.
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.NEAQ.ORG TO APPLY ONLINE
Association of Zoos and Aquariums - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard