Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 10,000 creative minds.
We are currently seeking a Junior Project Manager / Cost Controller to join our team to work on various projects in the New York office including Fulton Street Transit Center and other federal and state funded projects. The position may also entail supporting other projects across the Americas region.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Project Manager in implementation of project specific cost control processes to insure project profitability
- Utilize financial system to review project costs for accuracy
- Track costs against budgets; update cost reports for management; conduct variance analysis
- Assist in managing scope changes; issuing fee proposals; manage contract change orders
- Collection, collation and assessment and checking of timesheets of project team members
- Earned value reporting; Cash Flow Forecasting and monitoring
- Prepare monthly client invoice
- Contract Administration: assist in checking compliance with contract requirements; prepare various monthly client reports; insurance requirements
- Sub contractor management: assist with commercial management of subs including preparation of sub agreements, tracking budgets, and reviewing invoices
- Assist in reporting of project financials, milestones and deliverables
- Assist with client and sub consultants audits; compile audit documentation and prepare various schedules
Qualified professionals will have a Bachelors Degree in related field /
Masters degree with a Project Management focus. Must have the ability to work
under pressure and manage deadlines.
Must be highly organized
good communication skills essential for team-based working. Must show willingness to take on additional responsibilities without having to be assigned, a team player and able to perform independently. Must have experience in the areas of budgeting, financial reporting, cost tracking or scheduling. Have an advanced knowledge of Excel
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...