RBM was born over 10 years ago in San Francisco’s multimedia gulch. Once upon a time, we were a group of geeky performance marketers. We’ve since evolved into a specialist agency of marketing technologists who work smart, play hard, and are crazy nuts about all things digital. As our name promises, RBM is housed in a red brick building in the heart of San Francisco’s up-and-coming FolSOMA neighborhood. Our open office fosters creativity and collaboration among our engineers, analysts, designers, marketers and strategists.
We are a high performance organization that prides itself on working smart to produce game-changing results for our clients and having fun.
We are looking for agency builders. People who like to create and build really cool things. People who thrive under pressure, crave variety, welcome opportunities, take on additional responsibility and are willing to get their hands dirty. If this sounds like you, come and join in on the excitement in an ever-changing environment.
RBM is seeking a Junior Software Engineer for its San Francisco office. You must also be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures and be creative with excellent coding skills and passionate about developing Websites. Our development areas include Java/JSP, OpenCms, PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Drupal, WordPress, Apache, Linux servers, and MS SQL Server, plus a little Joomla and legacy ASP/VB. This candidate should be comfortable working in all layers of the web application and in all stages of development. In this role, you will initially be reporting to the President.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Design, implement, test, deploy, operate and refine websites, microsites, landing pages, and other digital assets
- Keeping abreast of emerging trends in technology and having the ability to offer insights on implementation
- Work in conjunction with Creative, SEO, Media, Client Services and the rest of the Web Development team to deliver features and sites with aggressive timelines
- Write clean, concise, secure, efficient and maintainable code
- Consistently demonstrating a strong desire to advance online development knowledge by assuming more responsibilities for resolving complex problems
- Follows tasks through a development life cycle (coding, testing, debugging, documenting, peer-reviewing, deploying, monitoring, and support) in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards
- Work closely with project managers to identify technical tasks, provide work estimates, and development schedules for new products
- 1 - 2 years of Java web development experience, preferably with JSP, Spring/Hibernate and/or Struts
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms and software engineering methodologies
- Experience with web architecture, providing design and development recommendations
- Experience with working in Linux, Apache and Tomcat.
- Experience with MySQL and/or SQL Server.
- Experience using source control and bug tracking systems and writing technical documentation
- Past experience in a client-facing role
- Experience with mobile website optimization and/or mobile app development (iPhone/Android)
- Experience with writing technical specifications
- Thorough knowledge of the digital media landscape and a deep strategic planning and/or media planning skills would be a plus
- Fun and laid back atmosphere in the trendy SOMA district
- Tons of fun-filled company gatherings (Friday Celebrations, Lunch & Learns)
- Game options galore (Ping Pong, Foosball, etc)
- Warm and friendly environment
- Join an exciting and rapidly growing company with the ability to make a difference as an “agency builder”