The Network Operations Center Support Specialist is responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, and support of Ipreo's global technology infrastructure. In short, the NOC Support Specialist is involved in nearly all aspects of Ipreo's technological operations. From monitoring the health of all systems and applications, operating and troubleshooting servers and application components, to performing system maintenance, the Support Specialist plays a key role in keeping Ipreo's infrastructure and products up and running at maximum capacity.
· React to network and systems alarms and alerts in order to ensure rapid problem resolution and proactive notifications to clients
· Provide first and second level support to internal development, business, and infrastructure teams, as well as clients
· Perform routine infrastructure maintenance and tasks as assigned
· Maintain the highest level of availability of Ipreo’s servers, switches, routers, firewalls and applications
· Work with hosting providers to execute various datacenter operations remotely
· Work with telecommunications providers such as AT&T and Verizon to resolve point-to-point circuit outages
· Conduct various audits and systems checks to ensure system availability and functionality
· Provide off-hours and weekend support for maintenance and application release activities
· Take ownership of technological problems from detection through resolution.
· Document operational procedures and knowledgebase articles
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 0-2 years of relevant professional experience
- Employee must be willing and able to work non-standard work hours/days, including evenings, overnight, holidays, and weekends. Weekend on-call support is required.
- Willing to travel to data centers (local travel).
- Must be able to multitask and work under pressure.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and keep management well informed of progress on all assigned projects and tasks
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a strong understanding of core Windows components, such as: Active Directory, Windows Services, group permissions etc.
- Must have basic knowledge of routing, switching, and network protocols
- Must have basic knowledge of at least one of the following variations of the Linux Operating System: CentOS, Ubuntu, Red Hat
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience working with server and application monitoring systems is a big plus
- Experience working in an IT support environment is a big plus
Ipreo - 2 years ago