Lights, Camera, Interaction
Our Chicago studio is on the lookout for a full-time junior user experience designer to join our collaborative international design team. You will work side by side with industrial designers, researchers, mechanical engineers, and graphic designers to design positive user experiences in industries from transportation to housewares.
TEAMS Design has had the great luck to work on incredible projects that have earned over 1000 design awards for clients like Sunbeam, NRG, Bosch, Siemens, and Chrysler. With offices in the US, Germany, China, and Serbia, we like to think of ourselves as internationally local, and we give our team members the opportunity to interact with and travel to our other studios.
The Chicago studio is a creative environment in a natural light-filled, open brick loft with a great view of the city's famous skyline. Centrally located in West Town, we’re nestled in the middle of a creative warehouse neighborhood that's home to art and design studios, architectural salvage stores, and two pro sports teams. We enjoy biking to work, caffeinated beverages, and competitive lunchtime foosball in a pet-friendly environment.
The ideal candidate should have a portfolio that demonstrates wide-ranging concept exploration, innovative solution finding, and the following:
- B.A. in Graphic Design, New Media, Interaction Design, or related field
- 0-3 years of experience
- An insatiable curiosity about design, technology, and trends in user experience design
- Compelling skills in areas like ideation, concept generation, and documenting design solutions
- Ability to clearly and confidently tell a story and justify design decisions
- Love of teamwork and collaborative design
- Great attention to detail and communication skills
- A strong eye for layout, color palettes, and typography
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing design studio
- English proficiency required. German or other languages are a plus.
Interested in joining the team? Send us your:
Email only. No phone calls please. You can submit your materials via email, Hightail, or on your personal FTP. Keep attachments under 8 MB.
- Complete portfolio that doesn't just show final products, but a start-to-finish process that maps out the thinking and development behind each project
- Cover letter
Behance - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard