J.P. Morgan Private Bank
JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion, over 200,000 employees and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank, which includes both the Private Bank and Private Wealth Management lines of business, offers high (HNW; $2M-25M) and ultra-high net worth (UHNW; $25M+) individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, lending, trust and banking capabilities. Recognized in February 2010 by
as the #1 Private Bank for UHNW individuals globally and for HNW individuals in the U.S., J.P. Morgan is focused on delivering “first class business in a first class way” — our guiding principle.
This communications position is primarily aligned against the Investments division. This division offers insight, analysis, opportunistic ideas and both strategic and tactical portfolio management, products and services to Private Bank clients and prospects.
The Junior Writer is responsible for understanding the J.P. Morgan Private Bank and the experience it offers clients and using these insights to develop effective marketing communications.
This position requires close collaboration with key business partners, including:
Regional segment managers (Private Bank, Private Wealth Management)
Front office (Bankers)
There are generally three areas of responsibilities:
In discharging these responsibilities, the Junior Writer:
- Taking a lead role in shaping internal and client communications, particularly pertaining to regulatory initiatives (for example, Dodd-Frank).
- Creating materials and communications in multiple media and formats (invitations, emails, letters, web sites, follow-up summary books, etc.)
- Contributing writing, messaging and positioning support for other projects as needed
- Writes persuasively and in the straightforward, direct manner that is consistent with J.P. Morgan’s voice and observing the firm’s editorial style guide
- Works with all stakeholders to reach agreement on final copy
- Communicates progress on project to all stakeholders
- Works with copy editor to ensure accuracy of information before it goes to press
- Delivers within deadlines
- Minimum of 5 years of experience; experience writing client-facing communications within the investment or financial services industry preferred; understanding of the current regulatory environment a plus.
- Proven writing ability: adept at getting to the heart of the matter and conveying complex, sophisticated investment information in a direct, clear and easy-to-understand manner relevant to needs of target audience.
- Ability to modulate tone for the UHNW and HNW segments we serve and enhance the J.P. Morgan Private Bank experience
- Proven conceptual ability: experience in working with designers/art directors to develop different concepts or approaches to determine which is best suited to a project
- Must be willing to make recommendations on how a message can be conveyed most effectively for intended audience
- Ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Familiar with different media for distribution of content, through web or print or personal presentation
- Able to work as part of a team
- Great attitude, able to see opportunities in new challenges
- Thrives on working swiftly and cleanly
- Intellectually curious, able to leverage external stimulus for creating new concepts
- Demonstrates respect for others’ time
US-NY-New York-270 Park Avenue / 02317
Asset & Wealth Management
JPMorgan Chase - 13 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...