Keurig, Incorporated, a subsidiary of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMCR), is an industry leader in coffee brewing technology in the U.S. for both home and office. Our patented single-cup brewing system lets people brew a perfect cup of gourmet coffee in less than a minute without the hassle of grinding beans, measuring coffee, handling filters or cleaning up. Keurig takes away all the guesswork from brewing a consistently great cup of coffee.
The Demand Planning Manager will report directly to the Assistant Director, Sales Planning, with dotted reporting to the Club Channel Sales VP. The Demand Planning Manager will provide forecasting leadership specifically for the Club Channel. The Demand Planning Manager for Club will be responsible for creating, analyzing, and tracking the Target demand plan at a sku, product, and segment level. The person selected will manage the demand plan for approximately 40 skus. The person selected will be geographically based in Seattle, WA. The role may also require travel to Keurig Headquarters (Reading, MA). Projected annual travel required is approximately 10-20%.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather data from all pertinent internal and external sources to create an accurate monthly baseline and promotional volume for the Club demand plan
- Work with Keurig Sales and Sales Planning to collect brand plan information, determine its impact and incorporate market intelligence (i.e. competitive activity, retail trends and trade/consumer promotional activity) against the Club forecast.
- Collaborate with Club inventory planners, Club buyers and Keurig Sales team to develop a consensus forecast that supports consumption trends and the joint business plan
- Analyze current POS (Point-of-Sale) trends, shipments, and inventory levels (DC/Store); modify the Club forecasts appropriately if needed.
- Generate statistical Club shipment forecasts at the item, account and/or regional level utilizing statistical algorithms
- Work closely with production planning and distribution to identify demand changes and make appropriate adjustments to the forecast.
- Actively work with Club sales team to understand promotional activities, key trade changes, key account plans & advertising plans that may impact the demand plan and adjust statistical forecasts where necessary.
- Create the anticipated demand for new/seasonal products and/or new markets.
- Provide key demand planning intelligence relative for S&OP, and other demand consensus review meetings that signals an rolling 18 month demand plan to Keurig Supply Planning and Finance
- Develop and maintain appropriate reports of the forecast, KPI performance, business assumptions and gap analysis against the operating plan, consensus forecast or baseline forecasts.
- Handle special projects as needed.
Depending on the position for which you are applying, offers of employment made by the company are contingent upon satisfactory completion of one or all of the following: a background investigation, reference check, credit report and a basic pre-employment medical examination to determine whether you are able to perform the essential functions of your position, with or without reasonable accommodation. You may also be required to take a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and your offer of employment is contingent upon the successful passage of that test. Details regarding the drug and alcohol test shall be provided to you under separate cover and you will be required to provide a signed acknowledgement of receipt of GMCR’s Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace policy. In addition, as a condition of employment, the company is required, under current federal regulations to certify the legal status of all employees. All employment at GMCR is contingent upon the employee presenting and maintaining authorization to work in the United States. Therefore, on your first day of employment, it will be important that you provide documentation proving both your identity and authorization to work in the United States. GMCR is an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years of experience in Supply Chain, Inventory Planning, Forecasting & Demand Planning
- Certification in Supply Chain Management related associations preferred (APICS, CPIM).
- Knowledge of the supply chain and the impact of demand planning on supply chain performance
- Experience in Target Partners on Line is desired, but not required
- Experience in advanced planning systems a plus: COGNOS, Oracle / Demantra
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly proficient in Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to uphold Safety standards, participates in Continuous Process Improvement on the job, and follows our business best practices.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
- Ability to follow Keurig policies and procedures.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- 23 months ago - save job