The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing superior service to both the internal and external customer. The incumbent is also responsible for washing dishes, pots, etc., and ensuring their cleanliness.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
2. Works as a member of a dishwashing crew ensuring soiled items are placed in proper racks or containers which carry them through a dishwashing machine.
3. Inspects, removes, and properly stores all clean items from the dishwashing machine.
4. Washes steam kettles, tilt fryers, and food preparation equipment too large to put in dishwashing machines.
5. Supplies dishware to food preparation stations as needed; removes soiled dishware and cooking equipment from food preparation stations.
6. Keeps work area (floor, machine, shelving, carts, etc.) clean at all times.
7. Performs miscellaneous duties, such as polishing silver, working in store room and preparing for banquets, special events, etc., as assigned.