As the operations team Finance Manager you will be responsible for (when necessary) preparing monthly internal financial statements. You will work with an external audit firm to provide backup documentation to make sure that all statements, reports and records are correct. In this accounting finance position you will analyze and reconcile various balance accounts. You will actively participate in cross-functional and new system implementation team meetings. This position also provides support to other members of the group Finance Department as necessary.
Additional finance manager responsibilities:
• Preparing monthly activity reconciliation and any correcting details.
• Reviewing and approving other Finance team member's journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Reconcile credit card charges between financial records and databases.
• Track and report sales tax collected.
• Query and report on credit card transaction fees.
• Assisting in developing, authoring and implementing GL policies and procedures.
• Supporting SOX testing and procedures, update narratives and documentation as necessary.
• Research and respond to credit card disputes, bank adjustment notices and manage bounced check transactions
• Make any manual adjustments when necessary
• Completing any assigned special projects.
• Provide back up support to credit card and check processing finance team (ability to process credit cards and checks and post journals to the finance team).
• Liaise with various departments and levels within the company.
For this role we are looking for a professional career-oriented individual with excellent communication skills both written and verbal. It is essential that the candidate be highly organized even under pressure in a rapidly changing environment. This Finance position requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. The successful candidate will be a problem solver, ambitious and take initiative. As well as be continuously looking for ways to improve efficiency and streamline processes.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and five or more years of related experience.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to handle highly complex work.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and complete assignments with accuracy within established deadlines.
• Strong analytical and reconciliation skills.
• Solid experience with monthly closing, journal entry preparation, US GAAP and legal entity reporting.
• Experience managing a team is a plus.
• Experience with Oracle, Zuora, SalesForce, Cloud Craze and SQL queries a plus.
• Strong MS Excel and Word skills.
Kaplan, Inc., a subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company, is a premier provider of educational services for individuals, schools, and...