Posting Job Title: Kansas City- Commercial Certified Broadband Technician
Requisition #: 145308BR
Posting Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Area of Interest: Customer Service/Member Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Responsible for installing, servicing and troubleshooting cable, high speed data, and voice services at business locations. Equipment installed may include analog or digital systems for video, high-speed data and voice.
Management reserves the right to add, change or revise this job description at any time.
Essential Job Functions:
- This level has met certain promotion criteria and has passed required certification programs (see requirements section below).
- Directly responsible for installation and service from the tap to the customers equipment.
- Accountable for referring problems between the customer premise and tap to plant technicians.
- Performs QA inspections when at the business and submits required reports.
- Installs equipment and network interface units and drop wires into customer location.
- Disconnects, reconnects and relocates service as instructed.
- Tests equipment to adjust signal strength and ensure optimum reception.
- Communicates with customers on-site, encouraging them to upgrade equipment or service packages. Represents the company and its service philosophy to the customer.
- Demonstrates proficiency in and working knowledge of all areas of the installation and service function.
- Recognizes deviation from accepted practices and confirms with senior staff appropriate next steps.
- Receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Work is regularly supervised and reviewed for timeliness, accuracy and correct procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Requires minimum of 12 months as Broadband Technician Level 3 with no disciplinary issues.
- Requires full completion of Advanced Services Training.
- Requires basic mechanical aptitude, ability to climb utility poles, work outdoors year round, and be unafraid of heights.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing with customers, peers, and superiors and follow instructions.
- Requires possession of valid driver's license, as well as good driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repair as an Installer or Field Technician is preferred.
- Strong electronics/electrical or structured wiring background are preferred.
- Previous cable television or related experience is a plus.
- Computer skills are a plus
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Advanced Skills Required: Business Class Technicians
- Understanding of all Business Class DOCSIS products. BCE, BCP, HSD, Video, VOD and problem solving for ability for hybrid fiber/coaxial network.
- Understand technical installation and service duties pertaining to all DOCSIS products.
- Must have working knowledge and experience using ICOMS and Microsoft Excel, Word, Bentley, Cable Edge, Bentley and Outlook.
- Input, revise or complete work orders in ICOMS/Work Assure.
- Complete and maintain forms, reports and schedules tracking activities.
- Strong telephony background, experience, and knowledge.
- Strong networking, computer and IP skills are required.
- On Call rotation may be required to support BC customer's needs and expectations.
- 3-5 years of Technical Field experience; business to business and maintenance experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment required.
- Must be able to climb ladders and gaff telephone/utility poles to a height of approximately 24 feet and to lift 75 pounds from floor to shoulder and from shoulders up.
- Must be able to use all safety and climbing equipment.
- Ability to efficiently use hand tools and to lift and handle ladders weighing approximately 70 pounds.
- Repetitive climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting motions.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Physically able to work in adverse weather conditions and confined spaces
- Must be able to work schedule company deems appropriate to satisfy subscriber needs.
The physical demands described here are those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required.
- Requires two year degree OR equivalent experience.
Travel requirements and frequency:
- Requires driving van throughout day to appointments in system.
Legal or Financial Responsibilities
: Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
FCC Unit_TWC: 3473
Controlling Establishment ID: 00049 - Kansas City 6550 Winchester
Time Warner Cable - 15 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...