This position is responsible for selling and executing an annual sales and marketing plan in their assigned local, regional and national chain accounts. The plan will include maintaining and expanding the Crown Imports Portfolio, sell in promotional programs to help drive sales and trial for our portfolio with targeted consumers and manage the relationship on behalf of Crown in growing our business within assigned key accounts.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acting as Crown’s primary customer point of contact, build and maintain strong relationships with assigned On-Premise multi-unit national, regional and local/franchise chain accounts.
- Sells new and expanded distribution of the Crown portfolio to assigned account base aligning with Crown’s overall on-premise sales strategy.
- Uncover and act upon opportunities to grow volume in target account base by prioritizing and focusing in particular on accounts that significantly influence the brand preference of Crown’s target consumer demographic (Millennial’s, LDA to 34, high income and Hispanics).
- Provide market intelligence to continuously improve Crown’s approach to the On-Premise trade.
- Execute Crown’s Retail Vision in assigned accounts.
2. Account Support
3. Program Development & Execution
- Prepare detailed and professional sales presentations for account business reviews and sales calls.
- Prepares annual Account Plan, including promotional, distribution and budget objective aligned with Business Unit and Crown’s overall on-premise sales strategy.
- Conduct sales meetings for key account wholesaler management to increase the communication and awareness of Crown’s portfolio within the wholesaler’s geographic footprint and their key account base.
- Identify and communicate to Market Development Managers any supply chain issues at taking place at key accounts to ensure maintenance of adequate product inventory/quality levels.
- Support, manage and proactively identify challenges that new product/package introductions face in area of responsibility.
- Work with Market Development Managers to ensure the activities of wholesalers support the effective implementation of all sales and marketing programs in assigned accounts.
- Provide merchandising/sales solutions including: point of sale material and training/education to key accounts.
4. Sales Planning
- Maintain and expand sales of the Crown portfolio by developing, selling, and implementing promotional programs to assigned account base. Coordinate these efforts with Crown field sales personnel and ensure alignment with the Business Unit and National Sales Priorities.
- Assist National Account Managers in directing and coordinating National program implementation with regional account offices and independent franchisee groups of large National Accounts.
- Measure the effectiveness of promotional and other volume driving / activation initiatives and suggest new approaches to overcome obstacles and improve the impact of new initiatives on sales results.
5. Budgeting & Pricing
- Work with and assist the On-Premise Development Director/Manager in building an On-Premise annual business plan including sales, distribution and promotional efforts.
- Assist Crown Market Development Managers to develop the On-Premise component of his/her annual business plan including, sales, distribution and promotional efforts for that specific market.
- Manage budget allocations, ROI, and other financial responsibilities. Execute against account plans and retail budget in order to maximize set sales Goals.
- Review, evaluate and suggest pricing programs to ensure Crown’s prominence with in accounts and drive sales growth in assigned account base.
- Ability to manage Travel and Expense budgets in order to maximize there use.
Reports directly to the Business Unit On-Premise Director or On-Premise Development Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
This position requires:
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience. (In lieu of degree, minimum of four years sales experience with a malt beverage supplier.).
A minimum of five (5) years sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry (malt beverage preferred) with two years experience selling to the On-Premise trade.
Proven track record in building good relationships with customers as well as internal associates.
Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify customer and market needs and challenges.
Demonstrated ability to achieve results
Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with a minimum of direction.
Solid analytical and math skills.
Computer literate with the ability to use software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and IBM Lotus Notes.
Ability to use Business Information Tools such as Cognos 7 and 8 (SMART and THE BAR), and specialized customer tools.
Ability to learn and use other internal systems such as Retail Vision and Ad Track.
Ability work weekends and evening hours.
Ability to travel a minimum of 30% of his/her working time, including up to 5-hrs driving time.
Ability to lift 25-35 lbs, and 50 lbs with assistance.