SCOPE OF POSITION
- The ideal candidate will live in KS, MO or NE *
This position is responsible for growing Precor’s direct sales to Club and YMCA customers in a geographic territory typically consisting of approximately 400 fitness facilities. An annual sales goal of $2-4M is typically assigned to the territory. Value-oriented selling skills, strategic territory planning, effective and consistent CRM usage, cross-functional collaboration, influencing, integrity and professionalism are essential competencies in daily performance of this role. The position works closely with Marketing as well as various other Precor departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Sales Activity & CRM Usage
- Analyzes territory for deep understanding of best opportunities for profitable growth
- Clearly identifies and targets opportunities with new customers as well existing accounts
- Develops and maintains a clear and actionable business plan outlining activities, time allocation and consistent process to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Completes detailed customer profiles and account plans where appropriate
- Collaborates with Marketing team on lead-generation programs
Sales Skills & Knowledge
- Maintains high level of sales activity by consistently calling on all customers in assigned territory
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with top decision-makers in key accounts
- Uses Salesforce.com on daily basis to maintain accurate data on all customer contacts, activities, leads, opportunities, quotes, correspondence, and contracts
- Provides accurate sales forecasts using sales pipeline data in Salesforce.com
- Follows up on all sales leads and customer inquiries in a timely, professional, and accurate manner
- Prepares and presents sales proposals, including price quotations, credit terms, delivery, service and leasing options
- Attends designated trade shows, cultivates client relationships, and represents Precor in a positive and professional manner
- Uses all other supporting tools & technology for role consistently (ipad, sales portal, sales training modules, etc.)
Sales Administration& Customer Service
- Follows structured & repeatable sales process to maximize selling effectiveness
- Maximizes the revenue and profitability of every transaction through disciplined deal management and the ability to prove Precor’s added value
- Becomes a trusted advisor to customers by using a value-oriented, solution-selling approach
- Gains a deep understanding of each customer’s business needs and key performance indicators
- Delivers effective sales presentations, both formal and informal, to customer contacts at all levels
- Creates and presents accurate, professional-looking sales quotations and proposal documentation, including an analysis of ROI and TCO where appropriate
- Builds and maintains a deep understanding of Precor offerings, specific Club and YMCA market, Precor competitor landscape, and various sales techniques
Performs other duties as assigned
- Works closely with inside sales representatives to coordinate shipping, delivery, installation, credit, and contracts as well as accurate tracking of all information in Salesforce.com
- Works closely with Customer Service to maintain high customer satisfaction and to help coordinate prompt and effective resolution of all product and service issues
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job, will be considered.
- Four year degree in Business with a concentration in Sales and Marketing preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of selling in a direct commercial sales environment and / or sales management experience
- Demonstrated success in exceeding sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
- Extensive experience in cold calling, prospecting and qualifying leads
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM tool
Keyword: sales, direct selling
- Business and financial acumen – able to understand and discuss customer business issues, deal profitability, leasing, ROI, TCO, and related financial topics
- Technology skills – Skilled and confident in daily use of technology tools including laptop, notepad, smartphone, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, CRM system (Salesforce.com preferred), web portals, and related tools. Capable of working with limited technical support.
- Customer Focus – solicits and uses feedback for continuous improvement. Strives for quality and excellence.
- Accountability – takes a no excuses approach to making things happen. Takes responsibility for own actions and results.
- Teamwork – Actively assists to move the team toward the completion of goals
- Communication Skills – Effectively expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form.
- Collaboration - Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
- Influencing –Gaining acceptance from others
- Drive for Results –Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment
From: Precor Inc.
Precor Inc. - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1980, Precor is headquartered northeast of Seattle in Woodinville, Wash., with international offices in the United Kingdom,...