The Office of Admissions is responsible for processing applications for the college’s undergraduate and graduate programs.
The Keyboard Specialist 1 will:
- Enter and verify application data into the college’s student database (Colleague).
- Process acceptance letters using Microsoft Word
- Scan application files including application, transcripts, letters and other documents
- Assist in entering, verifying and scanning college transcripts
- Answer telephones, respond to inquiries from prospects, applicants, students, faculty and staff about admission requirements, policy and procedures.
- Provide general office support, including photocopying, shredding, faxing and filing. May also be responsible for covering front desk when needed.
- Use software packages, such as standard word processing, spreadsheet and electronic mail
Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must have taken and passed a NYS Civil Service examination and be reachable off the Civil Service eligible list.
Work Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch.
Work Address: 2 Union Ave, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Special Information: If you are eligible for reassignment, reinstatement or transfer, please indicate this in your cover letter. To be eligible for transfer via 70.1 of the Civil Service law, you must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title approved for transfer by Civil Service within two salary grades of the advertised position.
Candidates should be aware that a preferred list, transfer list, placement roster and/or reemployment roster of laid off State employees may be certified against this vacancy by the Department of Civil Service.
Salary: Grade 6 $27,744 - $34,317
Applications Due By: September 27, 2013
The college actively seeks to build a culturally diverse faculty and staff and offers multicultural learning and work environments. Empire State College supports all efforts to enrich our community through a steadfast commitment to excellence through diversity. Empire State College is an AA/EEO/IRCA/ADA employer.
SUNY EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER AT (518) 587-2100. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Empire State College - 10 months ago