The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of Stony Brook University’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It includes Stony Brook University Hospital, Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 597 beds, SBUH is the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center. We are home of the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Long Island Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. At Stony Brook Medicine, we put the power of ideas to work. Join our team at Stony Brook Medicine – the best ideas in medicine.
Descriptive Title: Kidney Transplant Financial Coordinator
REF#: UH-S-5461-13-S (1)
Budget Title: TH Instructional Support Assistant
State Professional Position
Department: Financial Services
State Line#: 17173
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Salary: $38, 000-$41, 000
Required Qualifications: Associates degree with two years experience in a healthcare setting or four years experience in healthcare setting.
Preferred Qualifications: Five years experience in a healthcare setting, Medicare Insurance Regulations in regard to kidney transplant. Knowledge of all transplant insurance regulations, interviewing patients at patients bedside/clinic.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Act as integral part of Renal Transplant Team.
- Responsible for financial clearance and full payment for all recipients and donors.
- Gather all necessary information and documents needed to complete an accurate evaluation package submission to the Renal Transplant ensuring all patient financial obligations will be met.
- Responsible for faxing necessary information to pharmacies for kidney transplant recipients.
- Responsible for interviewing potential kidney transplant recipients/donors in the clinic area twice a week and gathering all demographic/insurance information.
- Responsible for attending weekly meetings for the Kidney Transplant Department.
- Financial Clearance on all inpatient admissions.
Special Notes: Shift: Full-time day 8am-430pm. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair. Please note Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment.
Please note: Prior to start date , the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services, clear a background investigation; submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of the required license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University - 14 months ago