Kids II is looking for an Assistant Controller to be responsible for managing the global Accounts Payable, General Ledger processes, & staff. The selected individual for this position will be responsible for assisting with implementing & maintaining internal controls & coordinating external audits. In addition, he or she will review reconciliations of all general ledger accounts for all segments.
This is who we are… Are you one of us?
Kids II, we pride ourselves in our unique culture, one that is cultivated by our employees and our company credos: innovation, action, passion, leadership and community. Our history shows over 40 years of success, growth and recognition as one the world’s leading innovator of infant and toddler products. Today, we span across 12 international offices on five continents and our own manufacturing facilities in China. Our products are sold by more than 72,000 retailers in over 70 countries.
As we continue to experience phenomenal growth across the globe, our culture remains a key driver to our success. Our employees are the most important piece of our business because they helped establish and enhance this culture and continue to do so every day. We work within a collaborative environment—one that thrives on passionate people enabled to bring new ideas to the table.
The energy and commitment cultivated at Kids II extends well beyond the office. Striking the right balance is an essential part of keeping our employees motivated and fulfilled. It’s their passion for all of life—for working hard and playing hard—that makes our people truly unique. In addition, we are one of Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places To Work for 2012!
The ideal candidate for the Assistant Controller position will be able toassist in communicating & enforcing accounting policies & procedures throughout the company. In addition, this role will also perform internal audits of accounting processes. The Assistant Controller will maintain global general ledger structure as well as manage & train the Staff Accountants, Senior Accounts, Payroll staff, & Accounts Payable staff. This role is also responsible for managing the monthly financial reporting & budget/forecast vs. actual analysis. Other detailed tasks associated with the position are not limited to, but include the following:
- Manage staff that is responsible for payables, & journal entries.
- Main lead in coordination of year end audit.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of the Company's technical accounting issues by researching, evaluating and preparing well-documented position papers on the Company's transactions, legal contracts, and other business practices/initiatives.
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring consolidation of all companies is completed properly and timely as a part of month & year end.
- Assist in the annual impairment review of intangible assets and long-lived assets.
- Review A/P supporting documentation for propriety of coding, timeliness, and approvals.
- Ensure cash receipts and AP disbursement are posted to G/L timely.
- Assist in the documentation gathering for the preparation of sales tax, VAT submissions, and property tax returns.
- Maintain Point Man reference tables (including distribution codes, terms codes, payment Codes, & Expense Types.
- Daily funding of operational bank account.
- Manage the Vendor Set-Up process & Supplier Maintenance in Point Man.
- Manage the month-end close process for timeliness and accuracy to include actuals reporting, forecasting, P&L prep, variance analysis, & distribution of reports.
- Ensure compliance with all accounting policies and systems, including general ledger, financial reporting, & record maintenance and retention.
Additional duties associated with the position may involve identifying problems on a proactive basis, seeking creative resolutions & process improvements,assisting the Controller with special projects & information requests, as well as coordinating & reviewing inter-company accounting activities.
What’s your background?
Want to know more?
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Accounting from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an accounting role (preferably in public accounting).
- Minimum of 2 years in supervising or managing role.
- Strong communication skills (both written & presentation skills) to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Experience with reading, analyzing, & interpreting common scientific & technical journals, financial reports, & legal documents.
- Experienced in responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Knowledge & usage of applying mathematical operations such as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability & validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, & factor analysis.
We regularly host softball games, picnics and other social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At company-wide award ceremonies, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Kids II such a standout place. We also provide competitive bonuses, flexible hours, excellent insurance options, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) match to consistently improve the quality of life for all our employees. Check out our website at www.kidsii.com for more information and open positions in the career section.
Kids II is passionate about our commitment to wellness. We provide onsite health coaching, wellness seminars and health assessments. Effective January 1, 2013, Kids II no longer hires individuals that are tobacco users. Should you currently use tobacco and would like to work with us, we encourage you to enter a smoking cessation program and reapply at a later date.
Drug Free Workplace
Kids II wants to take playtime to a more advanced level. The company, which got its start making The Original Infant Foam Bath Aid in 1969,...