The Beauty Advisor represents Lord & Taylor and its
ideals of service and quality to the customer. Beauty
Advisors must always be ready to assist customers with
product selection and ensure that the customer's Lord &
Taylor experience is a positive one. Professionalism and
product knowledge are essential qualities for a
successful Beauty Advisor. Beauty Advisors must have
strong people skills and be comfortable with developing
and fostering client relationships. Beauty Advisors are
responsible for generating sales by accurately
determining customers' needs and completing sales in a
friendly efficient manner. Full Time and Part Time
Beauty Advisors report to an Area Sales Manager.
customers immediately. Intersell when necessary.
- Work in front of the counter and approach all
and key products in neighboring bays.
- Achieve daily sales and clientelling plans.
- Develop comprehensive product knowledge of own line
consultations/make-overs daily. Fragrance BAs must
- Treatment BAs must perform 5 skincare
perform 5 fragrance-layering consultations daily.
- Open new charge accounts, minimum 1 per week.
- Continually build and utilize clientele file:
- Must add a minimum of 3 clients a day to their
during GWP time.
- Must contact 5 clients a day, 10 clients a day
special events and daily "at counter" events.
- Work with Counter Managers to plan and implement
- Provide intersell training on key products for
of the business.
- Demonstrate flexibility to meet the staffing needs
- Ensure counter is adequately stocked, cleaned and
Taylor dress code standards.
- Wear vendor supplied uniforms and maintain Lord &
procedures and maintain all safety standards.
- Enforce loss prevention and shortage control
policies and procedures.
- Maintain all specific cosmetic line standards,
- Selling experience is preferred and helpful.
- Engaging personality.
- Strong phone skills/etiquette