The Family Partner provides peer support to kinship caregivers receiving services through our Kinship Navigator program. The Family Partner must have personal experience as a kinship caregiver. This is an essential component of the Family Partner role because it provides families with a support team member who can empathize, support, and share knowledge with the family based on their own experiences.
The Family Partner draws on his or her own relevant experiences to support families in overcoming the challenges they face. As a crucial part of the Seneca provider team, the Family Partner engages families in serves and works with caregivers individually to empower them to better support the youth in their lives
- Provide and communicate guidance, expertise, and support for kin caregivers.
- Provide non-judgmental, unconditional support to children and families participating in the Kinship Navigator Programs.
- Co-facilitate support groups in the community.
- Assist families in accessing community resources.
- Submit incident reports other necessary documentation in a timely and complete manner.
- Participate in supervision with the Family Partner Supervisor.
- Maintain accurate documentation and paperwork including, but not limited to, mental health notes, time sheets, petty cash, and mileage in a timely manner.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times, appropriately representing Seneca's mission and philosophy.
- Maintain a flexible schedule, which includes evenings and at least one weekend day per week.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Personal experience as a kinship caregiver
- An Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Bilingual Spanish abilities preferred
- Experience or interest in working with families
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekend days
- Own a vehicle, California driver's license, and auto insurance
- Clear TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Ability to work as a team player and with a diverse population
- Good writing and organizational skills
- Part-time (approx. 20 hours per week)
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to some work evenings and weekend days.
- Additional 10% increase in salary upon successful completion of the Spanish language proficiency exam
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage, and partially paid premiums for dependents
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off
- Scholarship Opportunities
Seneca Family of Agencies - 5 months ago