Under direct supervision, performs routine food preparation, tray assembly, serving duties & delivery according to prescribed production schedules & established procedures. Responsible for maintaining sanitation of food service work areas and/or food service stations.
- Upholds KP's Policies & Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities, & applicable state, federal & local laws
- Assembles all food & non-food items for patient trays, cafeteria and/or catering services
- Delivers food carts w/patient meals/catered meals & nourishment to appropriate pantries & meeting rooms
- Collects soiled meal dishes after meal services & returns them to dish room
- Ensures quality & appearance of all food & non-food items, ensures proper storage of food & non- food items following Hazard Analysis Critical Control Policy (HACCP) guidelines
- Cleans, sanitizes & maintains all dishes, food delivery carts, equipment, work areas, & pantry food stations
- Maintains proper stock levels in own work area including taking & filing of inventory & disposal of outdated foods
- Utilizes effective communications including telephone conversations w/ patient's, doctors, & members, vendors, staff, & co-workers
- Collects & maintains written information including logs, menus, slips, charts, forms, requisitions, filing & scheduling activities
- May provide training & orientation
Pay Grade: 03
- Two (2) years in a food service establishment (hospital, school cafeteria, nursing home restaurant), preferred
- HS Diploma/GED and/or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, & follow written & oral instructions in English
- Ability to lift or move by other means items weighing up to 50lbs, carry items weighing 25lbs or more & push/pull carts weighing 100lbs or more
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of hospital food service operations preferred
This is an on call position, work days and hours may vary.
At Kaiser Permanente, all of us, from accounting, sales and IT, to our care delivery teams on the front lines, stand for Total Health....