As with other engineering disciplines, Knowledge-Based Engineering (KBE) is advancing with the latest technology and design theories. A fundamental investment in KBE as a core discipline is necessary to grow and retain the specialized skills required to identify and develop CAD/CAM/CAE centric design automation solutions. We are investing in the foundation of KBE at Dresser-Rand by uniquely identifying it as a core technology and by strengthening our strategic and functional capabilities through the expansion of our existing Global Knowledge-Based Engineering Organization.
D-R is expanding its KBE organization to maximize the effectiveness in realizing new engineering/design automation solutions and to support the sustenance of legacy applications for all D-R product verticals. Knowledge-Based Designers work in accordance with Knowledge-Based Engineers and are, collectively, responsible for the core development activities within the KBE organization realizing next generation engineering design automation solutions.
The physical location of this position is negotiable.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- AAS in Mechanical Engineering Technology or AOS in Computer Aid Design
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Knowledge-Based Engineering, Computer Aided Technology (CAx) Design Automation development, CAx customization support, or equivalent development experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in industrial, aerospace, heavy equipment, or turbomachinery industries
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Proven aptitude for conceptualizing, developing, and delivering KBE and/or related engineering design automation software/applications
- Goal oriented individuals with strong interpersonal skills encouraged to apply
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- As an expert Siemens PLM software user, responsibilities include collaborating with KBE Engineers in the development of CAD/CAM/CAE centric design automation programs, applications and processes for various Dresser-Rand products
- Ability to comprehend complex mathematical models and fundamental engineering principals required to realize their implementation in the development of KBE applications
- Communicate to all levels in the organization
- Effectively use problem solving skills and implement a corrective action
- KBE solutions are diverse making the following, or equivalent, skills/experience a plus
- Support the KBE Group’s direction and vision regarding the development of new, and sustenance of legacy, Knowledge-Based Engineering applications
- Work in a flexible, cross functional, team based, development environment that is comprised of both local D-R KBE Engineers/Designers and 3 rd party KBE consultants/contractors
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Parametric Technologies/Experience
- Expression-based modeling
- Complex freeform modeling
- Interpart modeling
- System level design (WAVE)
- User Defined Features (UDFs)
- Part Families
- Design/Development for Reuse
- CAx/PDM Customization, Deployment, and Support
- An appreciation for Commonly Used KBE Programming Technologies/Experience
- Spreadsheet Programming
- Microsoft VBA
- Microsoft .NET (C#, VB.Net, C++, ASP.Net/Web Services, etc)
- Ufunc/Nx Open.Net API
- NX Knowledge Fusion (KF) API or other declarative programming language
- Database development and SQL experience (Access, SQL Server, Oracle, etc)
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand and no search fees will be paid.
Dresser-Rand is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.:
Dresser-Rand is an equal opportunity employer.