The McConnell Group (TMG) is seeking a full time Knowledge Management Department Head/ Information Technology Subject Matter Expert to support a contract with the Naval Center for Combat & Operational Stress Control (NCCOSC) in San Diego, CA. Naval Center for Combat Operational & Stress Control (NCCOSC) improves the psychological health of Marines and Sailors through comprehensive programs that educate service members, build resilience, aid research and promote best practices in the treatment of combat and operational stress injuries. NCCOSC initiatives are informed by science and provide measurable, wide-reaching results. http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmcsd/nccosc/Pages/welcome.aspx?slider2=1
- Programs Department – Develops and implements the NCCOSC’s programs and will be the primary link between Navy-wide Graduate Medical Education and Continuing Professional Education Programs.
- Strategic Communications Department – Provides communications, external relations and community outreach.
- Research Facilitation Department – Supports the Fleet Marine Force (FMF), Fleet and Navy Medicine clinicians to mine and analyze their data, and publish the results.
- Knowledge Management Department – Develops, implements and sustains the NCCOSC’s data management capability.
The Knowledge Management/ Information Technology Subject Matter Expert (SME) position is a Full Time position in direct support of the NCCOSC. This full time position will perform duties at the customer site. The candidate will report to the TMG site Manager. The Knowledge Manager/SME is a customer site knowledge/data management lead who will also provide guidance on technical requirements to include weekly/monthly progress reports.
Serves as a project manager/ IT department head and subject matter expert who performs supervisory and technical management support, and technical project coordination duties in a medical treatment facility setting, but may also function at research and development or environmental monitoring facilities. Functions as a program manager providing oversight and executive level management to overall contract operations involving multiple projects/tasks and groups of personnel at multiple locations. Serves as primary interface and point of contact with subordinate project managers on program issues and is aware of overall project status, including all relevant subprojects and their potential impact on higher level organizational strategic vision. Manages the overall project and controls the efforts provided by the project team. Develops and implements project strategy and tactics. Manages a diverse group of functional activities, subordinate groups of technical and administrative personnel. Ensures quality standards and work performance on task orders and projects. Plans, organizes and oversees work efforts, assigns resources, manages personnel, provides risk management, monitors overall project performance. Works independently in performing the following major duties:
- Information Management/Information Technology acquisition and life cycle management.
- Provides management for clinical system information systems.
- Manages all Information Technology (IT) equipment to include computer workstations, laptops & tablets, and cellular devices. This will include maintaining records of hand receipts as well as account information for maintenance requests.
- Manages testing hardware and software solutions for future integration.
- Works as site administrator for the NCCOSC Knowledge Management Center to include maintaining updated files for posting and distribution, managing membership lists, moderating forums, monitoring and maintaining social media and public sites themselves.
- Provides expertise and assistance on general application issues and functionality, as they apply to the network
- Trains existing application support staff in development tools to support the applications.
- Provide management with project’s status on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Performs software acceptance and testing for system upgrades and application software upgrades.
- Insures application and reports are upgraded to run the most current release of the software, as approved and funded.
- Coordinates and provides support for meetings, web conferences, conference calls, video teleconferences (VTCs) and monitor activities of on-line discussion forums.
- Provides senior applications development support on database management systems including tracking and monitoring systems for the NCCOSC.
- Provide expert project management (PM) support to NCCOSC Knowledge Management Department projects, including full lifecycle PM support for Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) projects and other NCCOSC IT projects.
- Provides support and enables the NCCOSC enterprise IT project management mission.
- Maintains an on-call roster with a cell phone/pager so that emergency calls received after duty hours can be responded to. Users calling in after hours can leave a message to have a call back. They can flag the call as emergency or routine. If the call is an emergency, the on-call person shall be paged, and the call shall be returned immediately. If it is a non-emergency call, the caller shall be contacted during the next duty day.
- Provides services and support in response to NCCOSC assigned personnel with hardware and software issues, by logging and resolving issues, related but not limited to Microsoft Back Office applications (e.g. SMS, SQL, Active Directory, Exchange, etc.), Microsoft Front Office (Microsoft Office and related) applications; common desktop applications; enterprise distributed security applications and procedure.
- Provides services and support in response to NCCOSC with hardware and software issues, by logging and resolving issues.
- Keeps an inventory of any and all Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) provided for the execution of NCCOSC tasking.
- Ensures compliance with both the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy and Security regulations.
General Management Duties:
- Supervises project operation by developing technical and management procedures and controls, planning and directing project execution, monitoring, and reporting progress.
- Manages and controls financial and administrative aspects of the project with respect to task order requirements.
- Manages acquisition and employment of project resources.
- Provides project or task order management functionality for assigned contracts.
- Provides overall coordination and management of clinical research/technical/education projects.
- Provides management of multiple protocols.
- Provides monitoring, review and tracking of clinical/technical data.
- Prepares technical and clinical research study specific documents according to regulations.
- Oversees training of site personnel and project team as appropriate.
- Ensures that project work moves forward on schedule and budget.
- Exercises appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in the direction and coordination of health care team members, and site activities.
- Provides essential communication role between senior management, clients and team members
- May act as liaison with other functional client divisions as necessary to complete work within the scope of the program.
- Participates in reviews, compares procedures with actual operations documents, presents findings, recommends corrective action and re-evaluates corrective action implementation.
- Provides overall guidance to project stakeholders within the scope of the effort.
- Member of the Quality Team, participates in performance improvement reviews and risk management activities.
- Participates in regular staff, committee or departmental meetings.
- Functions with an awareness and application of safety procedures.
- Managerial Direction – with the senior leadership of the organization develops the mission goals and objectives and assesses organizational and subordinate employees’ performance based on them. Assigns and redistributes work to subordinate supervisors based on organizational priorities, difficulty of assignments and the capability of the employees.
- Technical Oversight – provides technical oversight of work produced or services provided by organizations under control of subordinate supervisors to insure timeliness and compliance with regulations, standards and procedures. Makes decisions on technical and supervisory (including personnel) problems encountered by subordinate supervisors.
- Performance Management and Recognition – develops performance standards and plans, conveys them to subordinate supervisors and rates them. Reviews evaluations of subordinate employees to assure reasonable equity of work standards, plans, ratings and recognition. Reviews recommendations for performance awards and salary/bonuses for subordinate employees to assure reasonable equity in approach and level of contribution.
- Recruiting and Hiring – identifies recruitment sources, assesses and interviews candidates, and recommends/selects hiring, promotions and reassignments for subordinate supervisory positions.
- Development and Training – identifies developmental and training needs of employees and provides or arranges for developmental assignments and training.
- Discipline – takes disciplinary and other corrective measures, e.g., warnings, reprimands, etc., to correct or address conduct and performance issues.
- Bachelor's degree in a healthcare or IT related field.
- Program management experience preferred.
- Greater than 10 years professional experience in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of healthcare administration, concepts and methodology.
- Experience in medical IT environments and with concepts regarding protocol development, design, clinical data processes, computer validation, and report submissions.
- Experience with Oracle 10g, Oracle database views, Oracle stored procedures, packages and triggers .
- Experience providing customer support, software installation/upgrades, systems administration, applications troubleshooting, validation testing, change control, quality assurance and configuration management CDMS .
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of information requirements and to assist clinical personnel to clarify data definitions, data processes and business rules.
- Experience providing programming support and development for Oracle clinical trials applications.
- Ability to lead IT Team projects related to medical business processes.
- Experience in data analysis, data integration, and database migration efforts.
- Ability to perform complex SQL queries for report submissions.
- Experience with data quality systems, regulatory documentation requirements and validations testing methodologies.
- Experience following Standards of Procedure (SOP’s)
- Ability to work alone and/or as a team player with technical, clinical and administrative personnel
- Candidates must possess interpersonal skills to work effectively with patients and staff, be comfortable working with computer software, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and have a willingness to learn and trouble shoot computer related issues.
- Prior active duty military experience or experience working with DOD related agencies.
- A working knowledge and familiarity with the Department of Defense (DOD), Bureau of Medicine of Surgery (BUMED, Military Health System (MHS), TRICARE, the Veterans Affairs (VA), the Defense, Centers of Excellence (DCoE) and Navy Medicine Information Systems Support Activity.
- A knowledge of BUMED IT Programmatics.
- Due to federal contract regulations, US Citizenship is required.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass a government background investigation
- The position is designated as a drug testing designated position (TDP)
- The position maybe subject to Public Law 101-647, Section 231, identified as having “regular contact with children,” and therefore would be required to obtain and maintain a favorable result from a State Criminal History Repository check.
competitive pay and benefits packages including health insurance; paid holiday,
vacation, and PTO; EAP; 401(k) and College Savings Plan.