The Knowledge Management Specialist/Service Desk Trainer will serve an essential role in the implementation of knowledge management and training strategies and goals within the Service Desk.
- Facilitate cross-functional Knowledge Management process coordination with stakeholders from Service Desk and Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Act as an internal advocate for knowledge sharing by assisting staff to effectively use knowledge management tools and resources and to follow best practices
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of internal materials and resources, such as policy documents, process and work instructions, tip sheets, knowledge base materials, online learning modules, etc
- Provide guidance on delivery of effective trainings (i.e., train the trainer)
- Coordinate and facilitate development-wide training initiatives, including researching and coordinating training opportunities (e.g., webinars and workshops); tracking staff registration, attendance, and feedback regarding training sessions; and working with Service Desk Management to present learning opportunities with a focus on development skills and competencies based on QA results
- Maintain and updating information management tools (i.e. KM Platform) and resources
- Facilitating cross-departmental communication
- Act as an internal resource for staff
- Superior MS Office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Solid background working with PC hardware and software
- Overall knowledge of IT infrastructure components and how they interact
- Excellent reasoning and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of IT service process frameworks (ITIL) a plus
- Ability to set processes and lead others toward a common goal
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with peers and superiors
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Willingness to make changes or adapt as the situation dictates
- Ability to communicate and measure key performance indicators at both the staff and group level
- Knowledge Centered Support certified - ITIL certification is a plus
- Proven experience with knowledge management systems (such as Consona / Knova, RightNow, Moxie Remedy)
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate the development of training materials, tools, and approaches according to department development needs and best practices
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Effective oral and written communication skills to answer questions, facilitate communication across departments, and provide training to staff
- Strong customer service orientation
- Comfortable with and effective using MS Office applications
- Prior experience and familiarity with IT preferred
- Close attention to detail and accuracy
- Deadline driven and results oriented
- Flexible attitude and ability to interact with a diverse user community and changing environment; comfortable with and excited about being part of the driving force behind change management
- Ability to work effectively with senior management, cross-functional teams, internal customers, external partners, vendors and end users
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary, incentive program, an excellent benefits package and 401k. Our company prides itself on providing a stable, exciting and challenging, yet positive learning atmosphere with an opportunity for professional growth and development. After hours shifts will also be eligible for a shift differential.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference KNOWLEDGE in the subject line.
Continuum provides a leading SaaS-based managed services platform that Managed Services Providers (MSPs) use to efficiently backup, monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain desktops, servers and other endpoints for small and medium-sized businesses. The comprehensive platform provides an intelligent Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) solution, comprehensive 24 x 7 Service Desk and an advanced backup and disaster recovery (BDR) offering branded Continuum Vault – all integrated with an industry-leading Network Operations Center (NOC), delivering a single, unified managed services experience. The company currently employs more than 650 professionals worldwide, supports over 3,300 MSPs, and monitors more than a half a million endpoints. The principal owner of Continuum is Summit Partners , a Boston based growth equity firm that has raised more than $15 billion in assets. We are growing quickly and have offices in Boston MA, Cranberry Twp, PA, and Mumbai, India.
Continuum Managed Services, LLC - 2 years ago
Envision EMI - Continuum designed and implemented Envsion's mission critical systems which have been in use for 7 years. These systems...