State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Knowledge Manager - Biotechnology
Job ID: 3824
- Provide leadership, consultation, and guidance on knowledge management to Biotechnology across all sites along with RTP Site Operations.
- Serve as communication channel between global Biotechnology function and R&D Networks & Knowledge Management (N&KM) group
- Engage with, develop and sustain an effective network of additional knowledge management representatives within biotechnology (and across geographical sites) to fulfill the operational responsibilities
- Provide administrative management and expert guidance of key Knowledge Management systems to the Biotechnology community
- Support Bioinformatics group with Quality Management documentation and processes
- Promote and enable knowledge sharing and information management best practice throughout Biotechnology. Lead initiatives as needed.
- Advocate, implement, and ensure compliance with Information Management Policy and related Information Access, Security, and Quality Codes of Practice in Biotechnology.
- Implement and sustain the R&D Document Management Code of Practice and the One R&D Document Management strategic framework in Biotechnology.
- Represent Biotechnology on the R&D Document Management Network. Share needs and experience to develop best practices across R&D.
- Ensure biotechnology document management processes are aligned with R&D information management policy. Maintain biotechnology document management procedures.
- Drive biotechnology document management user and administrator proficiency. Maintain, develop and deliver training to biotechnology as needed.
- Provide administrative management of SharePoint team spaces
- Manage accounts and data organization in enterprise document management system [i.e., Smartdoc]
- Work with N&KM and Biotechnology functions to identify records and retention policies
- Assist with training and related learning activities including designing, developing, and delivering biotechnology specific training as needed.
- Coordinate closely with counterpart located at Syngenta Biotechnology China in Beijing
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- A degree in life sciences, information science, or information technology
- A graduate degree is preferred
- Knowledge of common tools and methods applied in molecular biology and plant research is desirable
- At least one year of experience with Microsoft SharePoint preferably as an administrator
- Previous experience using an enterprise document or records management system
- More than 5 years of professional experience in life sciences or information management
- At least 3 years of experience in a life science organization
- Previous exposure to scientific research projects
Critical technical, professional, & personal capabilities:
- Successfully demonstrated communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully within a global interdisciplinary team to support critical and timely decision-making.
- Planning skills and ability to handle several projects in parallel
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse team
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to lead through ambiguity
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Provides support for individuals and teams to work at their creative edge
- Manages risk and is able to work with uncertainty
- Senses and adapts to the changing environment to achieve excellence in delivery
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Quickly acquire the necessary know-how and skills to be able to accomplish this role
- Develops effective relationships and R&D sponsored and self-sustaining networks within Syngenta. Able to interact directly with researchers at different sites and in different functions including Trait Technologies, Trait Research, Bioinformatics and Site Operations.
- Collaborates effectively with the R&D Networks & Knowledge Management function
- Take responsibility for work programs applying KM tools to support R&D projects and organization to deliver faster and better
- Interacts and clearly communicates with project teams and other relevant stakeholders. Able to make presentations to peers and managers with in Syngenta that inform, influence, and educate.
- Able to manage a complex range of activities to meet required standards and timelines.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Some travel required
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...