Here at Kool Smiles, our teams don’t just shape smiles – they shape the lives of families every single day. Working at Kool Smiles means being challenged, having fun, and being proud of what you do. It means being a mentor, being a friend, and being part of a change that starts with child. We are the nation’s leader in general dental care to underserved kids, teens, and adults. Our compassion and drive make us the best at what we do every day. Currently, Kool Smiles is operating in over 125 locations, with more opening every year. This is the time to join not just an amazing company, but a place where you will be a part of making smiles happen every day.
Kool Smiles is looking for a Hygienist ready to make a difference in the lives of families. Although below is a description of what your job would entail, we want to emphasize that working at Kool Smiles is more than just a job. Kool Smiles is not your typical dentist office and working here is not your typical experience. You will thrive here if you are someone who wants to grow professionally while serving your community at the same time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Hygienist is responsible for delivering direct dental care and associated services to patients under the general supervision of a dentist and for providing general support to the office.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver quality and compassionate care to every patient
- Deliver direct patient care to patients, including scaling and prophylaxis, x-rays, application of sealants and fluoride, and related procedures, under the general supervision of a dentist
- Participate in local community affairs and events to include school screenings, presentations, events, and any opportunity to promote a positive image of Kool Smiles
- Provide excellent customer service by looking for opportunities to offer Same Day Care
- Educate patients and parents in oral hygiene instruction
- Assess the dental condition and needs of patients and review patients’ medical history
- Responsible for adhering to all government regulations and company standards
- Guide parents and patients through Kool Smiles entire treatment process
- Assist with dental and perio charting; when necessary
- Take x-rays and save into patient charts, when necessary
- Assist with other office duties as needed
Education, Training and/or Experience
Current licensure as a Dental Hygienist.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Pe rsonal Characteristics
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Must love working with children
- Compassion and high level of service for our patients, parents and staff
- Integrity, always doing the right thing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional manner and appearance at all times
- Computer skills: computer literate
Experience in the provision of dental care to children
Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents, and staff. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
- State specific dental hygienist license in good standing
Majority of work performed in a clinical environment. Requires availability for extended hours during peak periods. Hours may change to meet the business needs.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package as well as growth opportunities to our full –time employees. Our Full-Time dental hygienists receive company paid malpractice insurance and Continuing Education reimbursement . Other Kool Smiles benefits include: medical, dental, vision and optional life insurance. We also offer short and long term disability, 401K, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays and much much more!
Kool Smiles team members find inspiration, challenge, and reward every day at their job. Do you?
Kool Smiles - 24 months ago
At Kool Smiles, our goal is to provide access to quality dental health services to children throughout our communities. By providing this...