The Director of Global e-Business Development is responsible for lending the development and execution of the Global Luxe e-Business strategy and business model. The role is responsible for delivering a market-leading vision and strategic roadmap to ensure a sustained competitive advantage for the Global Luxe e-Business long-term and short term. This position will also be responsible for defining the like-for-like & Incremental growth Business Plans, supporting Tool development, gathering Internal / External Best-Practices to enable the L'Oréal Luxe Global e-Commerce growth and accelerating the e-Boutiques, e-Retailers and new Digital channels of distribution by:
- Ensuring consistent liaison between USA "D2C e-Business Knowledge Center" and Global team, representing US interests in Global development of strategy and assets, consolidated into Global Joint-Roadmaps and in consultation with DMI's and IT.
- Consolidating USA Best Practices, exporting them OUT, and importing back-IN other Regions and external Best Practices.
- Providing support to USA D2C team, Brand GM, Sales and Sites Managers, as well as other key Countries to fuel the local e-Commerce acceleration and profitability.
o Media Mix performance
- Ensure consistent liaison with Global Digital teams, IT and key stakeholders, like DMI's, representing US and Asia interests in Global development of strategy and assets, consolidated into joint Global Roadmap
- Strategically assess the business development needs of eBoutiques vs. eRetailers and provide prioritized guidelines within the Global Luxe D2C business models
- Help to define eBoutiques Strategic positioning vs. competition against strategic pillars: Offer / Content / Services/ Promotion policy. Explore cross-channel opportunities & Innovative eBusiness models
- e-flagship construction, working in collaboration with Division and US teams for best solutions (ex: successful pilot test for YSL brand)
- Provide support to Countries on respective Roadmap development, best practice sharing and prioritization of global resources
- Build the Global eBusiness plans and cases, provide rationales and timelines to support decision making for the eBusiness priorities
- Lead the consolidation of strategic decisions and provide checkpoints to sponsors with divisional and key country alignment
- Document and circulate internal / external Best Practices & benchmarks for:
o eBoutiques Animation
o eCRM Best-Practices
o Optimized P&L management
o Optimized eCommerce organization
o Defining eRetailers Key Account Management support
o New areas as needed
Digital and Technical Requirements:
- Define best-in-class Key Account Management (KAM): Retailers segmentation / Assortment differentiation / Assets for eRetail Animation / Target Service Levels / Joint-Business plans definition with Coop-Marketing & incentives for performance based on review and understanding of specific markets and retailers
- Document and circulate internal / external Best Practices for eRetailers KAM (focus on key Countries USA / China / UK / FR)
Baseline understanding of Beauty Shopping behavior (or other related categories such as Fashion) and mastery of e-Business KPI's for both ecommerce and CRM
Overall Job Requirements:
- E-Commerce P&L expertise with knowledge of Digital business levers and costs drivers, including Supply Chain, Customer Service and Digital IT
- Deep expertise in Digital Media performance and Media mix optimization, including emerging performance channels & technics (Demand Side Platforms, AdExchange, Performance re-attribution…)
- Site e-Merchandising expertise to drive site conversation through content development and content management, briefing DMI for "FIX" Global Content, developing "FLEX" regional/local content where relevant to support specificities
- Site conversion analysis and functional specifications design to inform and manage Digital IT developments leveraging future Global Digital platform capabilities
- Knowledge of the CRM ecosystem (strategy, technologies, programs, operations, call centers, reporting and analysis…)
- Physical goods supply chain expertise to enhance Service Level Objectives while controlling costs
- Analytics & BI software knowledge (Omniture, Google Analytics, Cognos…)
- BS/BA degree required. (MBA or Digital Marketing /eCommerce degree highly preferred)
- Minimum 10 years experience in a Global Start-up and/or Global Corporation
- Must be able to coordinate and communicate across larger and cross functional team.
- Must possess knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- The individual is a strategic and analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills, a strong work ethic, and a detail and results oriented approach.
- Marketing experience including experience with channel marketing, consumer or business marketing program development and execution. Affinity and relevant experience in beauty and personal care brands a plus.
- Strong ability to develop business cases, understand brand development and communicate succinctly key value propositions to a broad group of leaders.
- Project Management experience managing large global campaigns
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build successful relationships within a team and cross-functionally
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectively use decision making skills, confidently handling ambiguous situations and/or issues that may arise
- Ability to effectively present information to an individual or group, both written and verbally
- A solid understanding of eCommerce and high volume online retail business
- Strong analytical mind with process orientation
- Must be willing to travel 20%-40% of the time
L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products.
Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with a...