California Institute of Technology
The Proteome Exploration Lab (http://pel.caltech.edu) at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena is seeking an experienced technician to provide high-quality technical support to proteomics-based mass spectrometry projects. The successful candidate will be an integral member of a dynamic and interdisciplinary team and will work closely with the PEL and other research groups focusing on diverse biological projects.
Interested individuals should demonstrate advanced technical skills in mass spectrometric and proteomic analysis. Candidates should be eager to work cooperatively within a team environment and should enjoy critical thinking and creative problem solving. Excellent communication skills and a mature, professional demeanor are a must.
- First-line monitoring, calibrating and troubleshooting of MS and HPLC instrumentation
- Preventive maintenance of equipment
- Documents and maintains MS protocol(s)
- Seeks ways to share technical skills/ knowledge and build relationships with other research teams
- Coordinates with researchers and/or students on experimental design, set-up, implementation and analysis of results
- Manages and organizes of project analysis pipeline
- Sample preparation for mass spectrometry analysis, including protein separation and peptide separation
- Optimization of protein and peptide separation and/or enrichment
- Coordinates and tracks purchases, deliveries and restocking of laboratory supplies, parts, and equipment, maintains reagent database
- Conducts formal presentations in lab meetings
- May assist in the design/modification of experimental techniques and procedures; provide training to students and post-docs on different laboratory/research techniques
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in molecular or life sciences or related field
- 2+ years related work experience
- Excellent technical skills relevant to the tasks described in this posting, including HPLC, mass spectrometry and proteomics expertise
- Ability to closely follow detailed protocols
- Ability to work enthusiastically and cooperatively under the direct supervision of others
- Passion to master and organize assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Ability and willingness to teach students, postdocs or other colleagues MS sample preparation techniques and related skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and dependably while managing and prioritizing multiple projects
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: jobs.caltech.edu
- Masters degree
- Experience in research laboratory/facility administration
- Experience with H/UPLC and mass spectrometry (Thermo Orbitrap, LTQFT)
- Experience with MS sample preparation
Caltech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
California Institute of Technology - 2 years ago