SUMMARY: Serves as a Bacon Production Line Worker in all stages of production/development by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following: Other duties may be assigned.
Follow proper department procedures outlined in Seaboard training manuals:
- Follow all Seaboard Safety guidelines as outlined in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all Seaboard food security guidelines.
- Understand bacon specification requirements to insure quality.
- Follow procedures outlined by Department Supervisor/Department Leads.
- Follow Seaboard attendance and punctuality rules.
Assist Department Supervisor and Team Members in meeting production and quality requirements by doing the following. (Additional duties may be assigned.)
- Maintain accurate counts
- Adhere to product specifications
- Work at a pace consistent with the required line speed
- Keeping accurate records as needed
- Strict compliance with sanitation requirements
- Minimize scrap at all times
Maintain proper department and plant appearance by
- Sweeping floor and aisles as instructed
- Keep all scraps picked up from floor in your work area
- Washing building and equipment as needed and scheduled
- Keeping all trash and items picked up
- Assisting in cleaning and maintaining office area
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Abillity to perform basic addition and subtraction required. Ability to identify basic colors required. Meat packing/food production experience preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred;
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and management required. Ability to comprehend simple instructions in English, preferred. Ability to read and write short correspondence and memos in English preferred. Bilingual skills preferred.
PHYSICAL ABILITY: Ability to lift, push and pull 50 lbs. to 75 lbs. on a frequent basis and the ability to stand for up to 8 hours without a break, bending, stooping and crouching required.
Seaboard Foods - 7 months ago
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...