This description is intended to indicate the kinds of duties and level of difficulty required of this position; it is not intended to limit the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of an employee under his/her supervision.
This position has primary responsibility of advising and providing concierge-type services to students by connecting them with Harrison College resources.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan and coordinate student activities and community service.
2. Create or contribute to student communications (emails, newsletters, webinars, etc.).
3. Coordinate commencement ceremonies by collaborating with leadership and staff.
4. Partner with faculty and staff to follow up with students on attendance (week out calls/e-mails).
5. Advise students on academic related matters and connect them to resources.
6. Work with at-risk students on developing their action plans.
7. Broker communication about student-related processes between students and staff (student schedule changes: program change, withdrawal, etc.).
8. Partner with Enrollment on the student re-entry process.
9. Assist registration and enrollment with proctoring exams.
10. Use KnowU and other social media to support, encourage and provide updates.
11. Assist Financial Aid with student scholarship searches.
12. Serve on committees and task forces to advance the mission of the Student Affairs functional area and Harrison College as a whole.
13. Participate in professional development activities.
14. Maintain membership and participation in professional and community organizations.
15. Represent Harrison College in a professional manner at all times.
16. Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Leadership - The ability to make things happen by encouraging and channeling the contributions of others; taking a stand on and addressing important issues; acting as a catalyst for change and continuous improvement; developing viable partnerships and networks of people; and interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in ones intentions and those of the organization.
Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks and/or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Collaboration - Facilitating the achievement of team goals; identifying, developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate team and organizational goal achievement.
Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message; presenting ideas effectively (including nonverbal communication and use of visual aids) to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
Service Orientation/Client Focused - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of ones actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college and minimum of 1 to 2 years related experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and research Internet software and prefer working knowledge of CampusVue.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please answer the following: