The following are required skills of the position:
- Strong Project Management skills
- Navy ship Hull, Mechanical, Electrical (HM/E), Deck equipment and Combat Systems equipment and systems expertise.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and Power Point in support of program products.
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Navy maintenance process and resource familiarity.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Customer interface experience in an integrated team environment.
The following are desired skills for this position:
- LCS program experience in technical, training or operations
- LCS shipboard equipment experience
- Shipyard maintenance experience
Specific Job Description
This position is in support of the LCS Sustainment program in San Diego, CA.
The Work Control Coordinator is the principle assistant to the Ship’s Superintendent.
Supports the coordination, integration, execution, planning, and Quality Assurance requirements for maintenance on US Navy ships. Provides hands-on coordination and oversight of employees and subcontractors. Supports testing and Quality Assurance activities and resolves technical issues. While not executing maintenance the Work Control Coordinator leads planning efforts for their assigned ship, planning and estimating all repairs within Lockheed Martin and Navy automated work tools.
In addition, the Work Control Coordinator will also support the following efforts:
- Utilizes government and LM software solutions to plan, schedule and coordinate shipboard planned and corrective maintenance requirements.
- Researches repair requirements, prepares work specifications, and authors Statements of Work for subcontractor support.
- Assists in developing schedules and cost proposals.
- Administers maintenance records.
- Manages the preparation of required Quality Management System reports.
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Standard Job Description
Provides a level of postsales support and service to customer sites and remote sites at a high-tech level that cannot be rendered by the basic level of field hardware and systems software service. Employee is usually introduced to the customer site when the nature of equipment service required is beyond the skill level possessed by the basic field/customer service engineer.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
LMCareers Business Unit
Mission Systems and Training
S693:CSS San Diego On Site
FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 18 months ago
Unwavering sense of purpose.
Our employees are the core of our business here at...