"The incumbent is the primary contact to the branches, Call Center, Lending Services, Collections, Business Services, Mortgages, members, dealers, Division of Motor Vehicles and/or appropriate authorities regarding title processing procedures, documentation requirements, compliance, and problem resolution. The incumbent is responsible for recording liens on collateral loans to secure VyStar's interest in compliance with the appropriate state or entity law and/or procedures and in accordance with VyStar collateral policies and procedures as well as title changes, duplicate procurement and lien satisfactions and/or title transfers upon contract fulfillment. The incumbent is responsible for releasing liens on paid in full collateral loans. Complete familiarity with the State of Florida notary laws as well as general familiarity with other states and/or entities required. The incumbent must remain up to date on collateral loan documentation requirements, all VyStar policies and procedures and Regulation changes. Excellent organizational skills are required."
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• "Processes and records liens on all paper titles, electronic titles, documented vessels through the U.S. Coast Guard. "
• Processes and records the Uniform Commercial (UCC) Financing Statement to secure our lien position on non-titled collateral loans.
• "Prepares title changes, duplicate titles, transfers, guarantee of title, and lien satisfaction documentation for submission to the appropriate entities for processing which requires knowledge of legal requirements and procedures for all 50 states and in some instances, working with a foreign country's procedures and forms. "
• "Performs quality checks on loan documents to ensure accuracy and completeness for perfecting our lien position. Receives and verifies all collateral loan documentation from the branches, Call Center and Lending Services related to lien perfection. "
• Corresponds in writing or verbally with members and/or appropriate individuals/entities to obtain corrected information and documentation when necessary.
• Schedules appointments as necessary with members to advise and complete title-processing documentation.
• Performs quality control checks on cleared VIP checks and Indirect loans to ensure loans are disbursed with correct effective dates. Refers disbursing errors to respective area for corrective action.
• Orders title forms from the Motor Vehicle websites from all 50 states for department and branch distribution.
• Processes title fee option form and orders checks from accounting for title fees on refinances and free and clear titles that are to be mailed to DMV for lien processing. Title processor mails checks along with title fee option form and title to DMV.
• Obtains information from Motor Vehicle websites as needed from all 50 states.
• "Works with front end staff to facilitate resolution of title problems, questions or requests for information. Sends e-mail request for corrective action to respective area. "
• "Works with members as needed to resolve title issues. Responds to members verbally and in writing to effectively communicate documentation requirements and/or action needed for problem title resolution. When necessary, prepares and provides members with loan documents for corrective action on title problems. "
• Creates reports for monitoring and tracking VIPs cleared for franchised and non-franchised dealers.
• Maintains a system or systems for monitoring of all titles pending to ensure timely receipt. Follows up according to department procedures.
• Examines titles received daily to ensure accurate and complete information and loan documents are obtained in compliance with legal requirements to ensure VyStar possesses a viable and negotiable instrument.
• "Acts as Notary Public in accordance with laws of State of Florida and verifies appropriate authorization has been performed for documents securing VyStar loans. Performs file maintenance, comments and system flags as needed related to title issues. "
• "Works Title Tracking report that identifies VIN errors. Performs corrective action on VIN errors that are entered in Appro and transferred to the Title Tracking system (OTTS) and Miser. Maintains a tracking spreadsheet on VIN errors which is then sent to CUNA, our collateral tracking vendor on a weekly basis. "
• Handles member problems or complaints and refers exceptional problems or situations requiring deviation from established procedures and policies to Consumer Loan Management.
• "Prepares paper titles, electronic titles and/or documentation for release of VyStar’s security interest on collateral loans on a daily basis for in-person release to members, dealerships, and insurance companies at the Corporate Headquarters building. Responsible for preparing and releasing VyStar’s security interest on paper and electronic titles in accordance with appropriate state or entity law upon contract fulfillment. "
• Processes lien releases on documented vessels through the U.S. Coast Guard. Processes Uniform Commercial (UCC) Financing Statement Amendment to terminate our security interest on non-titled collateral.
• Retrieves and processes on a daily basis all paid out title requests received via the InfoCenter.
• Releases all paid in full titles on a Windows-based Internet title tracking system and Report Retriever.
• Works the paid in full error report and updates tracking spreadsheet. Performs quality checks on paid in full loans prior to releasing lien when loan payoff meets applicable criteria.
• "Primary contact to the branches and the call center for all letters of guarantee to appropriate insurance companies, automobile dealerships and financial institutions. Responsible for generating, tracking and processing all guarantee of title notices to appropriate insurance companies, automobile dealerships and financial institutions. "
• Processes and performs General Ledger transactions to refund lien expense to member when applicable.
• "Assist with creating title training information for branch, Call Center, and Lending Services employees. "
• Works with Collections as needed to assist with the processing of titles on repossessions.
• "Must be proficient with Zeus/Miser system, ADD, Tranzact, and FDI title tracking system in areas related to titles. "
• Must be knowledgeable of Appro regarding title related information and form completion retrieval.
• Good working knowledge of Smart collector and Report Retriever.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Incumbent is expected to demonstrate each of the following VyStar Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job.
Focus Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing your client or member.
Connect Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate you care.
Understand Listen empathetically and ask questions. (70%/30%)
Counsel Recommend solutions based on your client’s or member’s needs and objectives.
Advance Ensure that member's expectations were exceeded.
Verify necessary follow-up action.”
• Performs other duties as assigned.
DISCLAIMERS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Nothing in this position description is an implied contract for employment. The position description is intended to be an accurate account of the essential functions. The functions are not all encompassing and are subject to change at any time by management.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
" As required or requested, may exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects."
Experience and Education:
"JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES"
• Minimum of 1-year data entry experience is required. VyStar experience in any capacity may be substituted for data entry experience.
• Must maintain current Notary Public status in State of Florida understanding and applying the Notary Public laws appropriately.
• "Must keep abreast of Department of Motor Vehicles policy and procedures, in detail for Florida and generally for remaining states. "
• "Must have problem solving and strong member services skills, and the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally. "
• One year with a financial institution is preferred.
• Knowledge of title loan documentation requirements is preferred.
• "Assuming the above prior experience, an incumbent would need three months to be functional in the position."
• "Proficient with the Zeus/Miser system, ADD, Tranzact, and FDI title tracking system. "
• Knowledgeable of APPRO regarding title related information and form completion retrieval.
• Good working knowledge of Smart Collector and Report Retriever.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• A minimum formal education for the position is a high school diploma or its equivalent.
VyStar Credit Union - 22 months ago