National Technical Excellence Center, Geotechnical and Tunneling TEC
As the nation’s top design firm, Parsons Brinckerhoff (PB) has established itself as the industry's leader in geotechnical engineering and tunnel design for transportation projects through innovation, quality design, and client responsiveness.
PB is seeking a lead geotechnical engineer to join its Geotechnical and Tunneling Group in Norfolk, Virginia to be a part of this long term Design/Build tunneling project. PB offers great growth potential and the opportunity to work on projects with national exposure in a professional environment. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as a lead geotechnical engineer during construction of an underground transportation project
- Provide geotechnical design services during construction
- Review contractor’s design submittals and answer RFIs
- Coordinate geotechnical work with contractors or engineers of other disciplines
- Be responsible for the development and production of plans, specifications, and reports related to geotechnical and tunnel engineering
- Supervise junior staff engineers and develop their capability
- Perform peer review of tunnels and other underground projects
- BS in Civil Engineering program from an accredited School of Engineering
- MS in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering focus
- Minimum of 10 years experience in geotechnical and/or tunnel engineering practice
- Sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals, soil mechanics & foundations
- Proven experience in design and construction of foundations, cut-and-cover tunnels, retaining structures, support of excavation systems, ground improvements, etc.
- Experience in immersed tube tunneling, geotechnical instrumentation, and dredging is preferred.
- Proven experience in developing contract drawings, specifications, and geotechnical/tunnel memoranda and reports
- A demonstrated knowledge in using geotechnical analysis & design software
- Ability and willingness to work on project site
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Virginia Professional Engineer (PE) or ability to obtain one in 6 months is required.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...