Parsons Brinckerhoff (PB) has one of the top geotechnical and tunnel engineering groups in the nation. PB Geotechnical and Tunneling Technical Excellence Center has an immediate opening for a Lead Geotechnical Engineer to provide geotechnical services to its clients on design and construction of transportation and water resources projects in San Diego, California. Duties include:
PB offers great growth potential and the opportunity to work on projects with national exposure.
- Development of and management of subsurface investigation and testing programs
- Management of subconsultants
- Performance of geotechnical analyses and design of foundations and excavation support systems for transit/transportation or water resources projects
- Development of plans and specifications related to geotechnical & tunneling engineering
- Preparation of geotechnical memorandums and reports
- Providing geotechnical services during construction
- Mentoring and training of junior staff
- Marketing geotechnical services both internally and externally
The candidate applying for this position should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in geotechnical engineering practice
- Proven experience in foundation analysis and design
- Proven experience in geotechnical project planning, design & preparation of reports
- Proven experience in preparation of geotechnical portions of plans and specifications
- A demonstrated knowledge in using geotechnical analysis & design software
- Ability and willingness for some travel and field work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- California PE registration is required and GE is preferred
- 10 years relevant experience in geotechnical design and construction
- BS in Civil Engineering program from an accredited school of Engineering
- MS or PhD in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering focus.
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 19 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...