Are you ready for an exciting career move? We're a fast moving $15 billion, Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 10,000 stores and 11 distribution centers in 40 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic team atmosphere that leverages each person's strengths and maximizes potential. We are committed to attracting upbeat, talented, and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others."
This Lead Sales Associate position is a full-time Key Carrier position, based on the store operating needs and will function as a Cashier and/or Stocker and act in a lead capacity in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager. Assist in setting and maintaining plan-o-grams and programs. Provide exemplary customer service. Perform other duties as necessary to maximize profitability, customer satisfaction, and teamwork, while protecting company assets and reducing losses.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Unload trucks according to the prescribed process for the store.
- Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack cartons and totes.
- Stock merchandise; rotate and face merchandise on shelves and build merchandise displays.
- Restock returned and recovered merchandise.
- Order zones and drop shipment categories, following prescribed ordering practices, as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Assist in plan-o-gram implementation and maintenance.
- Assist customers by locating merchandise.
- Bail cardboard and take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean restroom and stockroom.
- Greet customers as they enter the store.
- Maintain register countertops and bags; implement register countertop plan-o-grams.
- Operate cash register and flatbed scanner to itemize and total customer's purchase; bag merchandise.
- Collect payment from customer and make change.
- Clean front end of store and help set up sidewalk displays.
- Help to maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
- Open and/or close the store under specific direction of the Area Manager.
In the Absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager:
- Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register; make bank deposits.
- Assist in maintaining strict cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Monitor cash levels and make appropriate drawer pulls as directed by the Store Manager.
- Monitor cameras for unusual activities (customers and employees), if applicable.
- Supply cashiers with change when needed.
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices.
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent and six months of supervisory experience (or related experience/training) preferred.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Dollar General Corp. - 13 months ago
Goodlettsville, Tenn.-based Dollar General Corporation is the nation’s largest small-box discount retailer. We make shopping for...