The County of Riverside County Counsel's Office has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an experienced legal professional to fill its Legal Support Assistant II-C level position to work out of our Downtown Riverside location.
The Legal Support Assistant II-C will be responsible for supporting our office's litigation attorneys. The ideal candidate should have experience tracking, researching and processing bonds, agreements, and enforcements; writ of mandate; to include attending court for trials and hearings. In addition, it is extremely important to have a solid understanding and knowledge base in the following areas: Rules of Court, Pacer, Lexis Nexis, and Appellate Court System.
The Office of County Counsel is a full-service law office that handles civil matters for the County of Riverside. The office provides a broad range of high quality, cost-effective legal services designed to promote the public service objectives of the County of Riverside, at the same time protecting the County from risk and loss.
To be considered, you MUST have at least two years of experience performing the functions mentioned above.
Legal Support Assistant II-C - $33,134.40 - $44,158.40 Annually
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Serve as secretarial and clerical support to attorneys and other County Counsel staff.
- Contacts by phone, automated system or in person, judges, attorneys, court clerks, witnesses, medical representatives and other County departments or government agencies in order to obtain or confirm information for case files.
- Prepares case files and maintains case status records including the posting of court actions and court dates to calendars.
- Maintain files of correspondence and legal documents including a cross-reference index file; file legal papers with the proper courts; enter record of hearings in calendar; record pleas, trials, convictions, acquittals, sentences, judgments, orders, and other dispositions of cases.
- Type from drafts, rough notes, verbal instructions, or taped dictation a variety of correspondence and legal documents, including interviews, opinions, proceedings, ordinances, contracts, agreements, orders, motions, points and authorities, complaints, warrants, subpoenas, commitments, indictments, decisions, investigation requests, extraditions, affidavits, briefs, jury instructions, dismissal sheets, reports, appeals, writs, petitions for hearings, and other civil and criminal legal documents.
Two years of legal support assistance experience including one year in direct comprehensive secretarial support of an attorney; or one year as a Legal Support Assistant I in the County of Riverside.