The Riverside County Regional Medical Center is seeking qualified candidates for the position of night shift Licensed Vocational Nurse - Adult Detention at our County Jail in Indio, California.
Riverside County Regional Medical Center
"Our People, Our Patients, Our Future"
Under general supervision and direction of a registered nurse or physician this position will perform nursing duties within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act for vocational nursing. The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is not an independent practitioner. Incumbents in this class are assigned to Riverside County Regional Medical Center-Detention Health Services (RCRMC-DHS), an adult and/or juvenile confinement or detention facility, and perform routine and emergency care nursing duties under general supervision.
This position requires:
*Possession of a valid California LVN license
*Minimum of one year experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Provide nursing care to patients within the scope of the Licensed Vocational Nurse Practice Act; prepare patients for physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners, and cares for patients during treatment; administer medications subcutaneous, intramuscularly, intradermal, subdermal, and/or orally; take temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure of patients as necessary.
• Perform venipuncture, injection of medications, including biological immunizations, for pediatric and adults, including the provision of Tuberculin skin tests, Coccidioidin skin tests and Histoplasmin skin tests in the course of a tuberculosis control program.
• Apply and change dressings and administer treatments including catheterizations, irrigations, and enemas; collect specimens for laboratory analysis; review charts to determine what type of treatment patient may require and ensure proper clinic scheduling.
• Assist physicians, mid-level providers, and registered nurses in the administration of special treatments, examinations, and intravenous therapy; chart treatments and medications and maintain pertinent medical records according to established practice by the Nurse Practice Act, and RCRMC-DHS policies and procedures.
• Assist physicians, mid-level providers, and registered nurses in the administration of medical records; assist in the data collection, preparation, and implementation of patient care plans; participate in patient education and rehabilitation programs and document data appropriately.
• Observe patients' condition and behavior, and report significant changes to the supervisor; may participate in physical, occupational, and group therapy programs.
• May act under supervision and direction of a physician, mid-level provider, or registered nurse as a team leader over nursing assistants, health services assistants, or other licensed vocational nurses as assigned.
Experience: One or more years of experience working as an LVN in the care of patients in an acute care or clinic assignment.
Knowledge of: Current principles, techniques and procedures used in vocational nursing within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act for vocational nursing; medical terminology, acute care procedures and equipment; medication administration and any policies and procedures of the setting assigned.
Ability to: Skillfully perform the full range of vocational nursing duties and responsibilities per the Nurse Practice Act; learn and follow policies and procedures for the setting assigned; establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, mid-level providers, registered nurses, patients and co-workers; complete and maintain reports and patient records; make observations of situations accurately and report them so effective action can be taken according to rules of documentation and policies and procedures.
County of Riverside - 2 years ago