Under the general direction of the Aquatic Supervisor. Performs routine public contact and safety work and serving as a pool lifeguard.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitors the use of swimming pool, practices preventative lifeguarding; enforces facility rules.
2. Follows prescribed procedures in making pool rescues.
3. Assists in the maintenance of the swimming pool and facility.
4. Monitors and maintains pool filtration system.
5. Monitors pool water chemistry through testing of water samples and adjust chemistry as needed to maintain standards.
6. Responds to public inquiries about aquatics programs made by telephone, correspondence or during public meetings.
7. Serves as a member of various employee committees, as assigned.
8. Related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Applicant must be at least seventeen years old. Must possess a valid Lifeguard, CPR for the professional rescuer, and first aid certification or equivalent.