Under the direction of the Sous Chef, the incumbent maintains standards established by the Executive Chef in the preparation and presentation of food including tasting, presentation and sanitation
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of related experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists the Sous Chef in quality and portion control of product.
* Must be flexible and able to work all kitchen areas.
* Promotes positive customer relations; handles guest complaints.
* Assist other line employees with daily responsibilities.
* Prepare production in accordance with established standards set by Restaurant Chef.
* Sees to the proper labeling, rotation, storage temperature and environment required..
* Strive to eliminate over-production and over-purchasing.
* Maintain quality inventory control of your production.
* Ensure that production and storage areas are maintained in accordance with city and state health department codes.
* Promotes positive public/employee relations at all times.
* Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area responsibility.
- 2 years ago - save job