Responsible for the safety and security of the Senior Living Apartment Buildings during week nights (Monday – Friday approximately 4 pm – 7 am) and every weekend (Saturday morning to Monday morning) and holidays. Requires being on call during the scheduled hours. Maintains property to ensure physical safety of tenants. Responds to routine and emergency situations during scheduled hours. Responsible for ensuring that confidentiality is strictly maintained concerning all agency and tenant related information. Represents the agency in a professional and cordial manner.
You are eligible to work a secondary position that is a non-exempt position and that is not during the hours the Caretaker is required to be on call (evenings, weekends and holidays).
• Functions as part of the team along with site manager and maintenance technician
• On call responsibilities include promptly responding to any routine and/or emergency situations regarding building and/or tenant issues.
• Ensures security of building by performing security checks/rounds at least once nightly, twice weekends and holidays and as needed
• Keeps walkways free of snow, ice and debris.
• Duties include garbage removal on weekends, holidays and in the absence of the Maintenance Tech. May include grass cutting in absence of maintenance tech.
• Maintains appropriate documentation and report vital information to supervisor in required time frame.
• Arranges coverage whenever unavoidably unavailable to respond during scheduled hours
• Submits request for planned time off at least 30 days prior to requested time
• Attends administrative meetings at least 2 times/year
• Introduces himself/herself to tenants within 3 days of tenant move in
• Completes all required documentation promptly, honestly, and accurately
• Maintains visible presence and open line of communication with tenants
• Complies with all agency policies and procedures
• Attends scheduled quarterly meetings with Site Manager & Custodian
• Other duties as assigned
People Inc - 17 months ago