In a multi-task, broad product environment, independently interviews members to identify opportunities to foster and expand the member’s relationship with VyStar Credit Union. Identifies through the interview process products and/or services that would benefit the member. Educates and effectively offers these products and/or services enhancing the member experience. Appropriately makes referrals to VyStar business partners. Demonstrates support of the credit union’s business plan and their branch’s relationship building and service objectives by promoting top quality, full range products and services, exhibiting a professional, “can do” attitude and providing the highest level of service. Adheres to the Standards of Excellence and behaviors associated with VyStar Excellence. The Relationship Specialist I has development expectations through the certification program. This multifaceted position is essential in establishing VyStar as the member’s primary financial institution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Effectively interviews members and potential members independently. Asks questions and listens carefully to determine the appropriate VyStar Credit Union and VyStar Financial Group products and services to offer. Presents products and services in a positive, professional and knowledgeable manner, so inquiring individuals can make an informed decision.
• Supports VyStar’s mission to become the primary financial institution of our members by providing service in an expeditious and courteous manner. Understands that educating our members and informing them of the products and services we have to offer is the highest level of service we can provide and the key to accomplishing our mission and goals. Strives to meet individual goals by effectively cross selling products and services.
• Opens new savings, checking and money market accounts. Verifies personal identification to prevent fraudulent activity. Provides regulatory disclosure information on new and other specific types of accounts.
• Processes loan applications for Auto VIPs, Credit Cards and lines of credit in the Appro System. Has a basic understanding of credit reports and VyStar’s loanliner agreement for discussion with members. Effectively cross-sells other loan products, which may be referred to more experienced member service staff.
• Purchases, renews and redeems certificates of deposit. Performs certificate maintenance as required and rate increases for step-up certificates. Must understand and be able to discuss Truth in Savings disclosure information and provide regulatory disclosures to the members.
• Performs account maintenance, which includes but is not limited to: changes to members personal information such as address and telephone numbers, name changes due to marriage, divorce, etc., adding and removing joint members, check ordering and issuing temporary checks, setting up Magic*Touch and assists with Internet Banking enrollment. Performs ACH and check stop payments. Sets up automatic transfers and cancels or changes them as requested.
• Orders plastics such as ATM, VISA Check Cards and replacement credit cards. Also, orders pin numbers for plastics and performs pin changes as requested.
• Assists members with setting up, changing or discontinuing direct deposit.
• Purchases and redeems savings bonds, sells travelers checks, documents wire transfers and issues cash advances as requested. May assist in the Teller Department, as required.
• Resolves some member problems independently. Escalates more complex problems or situations to a higher authority for appropriate resolution.
• Closes accounts as requested by members after careful review and discussion to prevent negative impact to the member and/or VyStar.
• Provides notary service to members. Incumbents are expected to become a notary upon successful completion of the probationary period, which requires completion of an online course and application with the State of Florida.
• Opens and closes safe deposit boxes for members. Escorts members to their safe deposit box for entry. Strict adherence to safe deposit box procedures is imperative and expected.
• Opens, closes and balances a cash drawer on a daily basis as required by the branch. Ensures that checks deposited and official checks issued balance daily. Films documents as required.
• Acts as Branch Receptionist as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned, including Teller duties as career building activities and to assist the branch as needed.
• Incumbent is expected to demonstrate each of the following VyStar Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job.
Focus Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing your client or member.
Connect Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate you care.
Understand Listen empathetically and ask questions. (70%/30%)
Counsel Recommend solutions based on your client’s or member’s needs and objectives.
Advance Ensure that member's expectations were exceeded.
Verify necessary follow-up action.”
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• MRS roles level II and higher will require the employee to meet and maintain all the requirements as a registered mortgage loan originator employed by a Federally regulated Institution with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS). The employee must comply with all provisions of the Act as defined in the Secure and Fair Enforcement of Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act) and credit union S.A.F.E. Act Procedures.
DISCLAIMERS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Nothing in this position description is an implied contract for employment. The position description is intended to be an accurate account of the essential functions. The functions are not all encompassing and are subject to change at any time by management.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As required or requested, may exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Experience and Education:
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• A minimum of one-year experience in a position of direct member/customer contact is required, preferably in a financial institution. A two year Associates Degree may be substituted in lieu of the experience requirement.
• Ability to process financial transactions.
• Must possess and utilize excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must possess and utilize excellent listening skills.
• Must possess and utilize excellent telephone skills.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
• Must be proficient in the use of the Internet.
• Incumbent must have an outgoing personality and the desire to help people.
• Must be professional in appearance and attitude.
The minimum formal education required is a high school diploma or its equivalent.