Job ID: : 25944
Department: : CO Urgent Care
City: : St. Paul, MN
Location: : HP - St Paul Como Clinic
Position Type: : Part-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Week one Sun 2:30-8:30, Tues 1p-5p Week two Tues 1p-5p, Wed 1p-5p, Fri 1p-5p, Sat 2:30p-8:30p
Hrs/Pay Period: : 28
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, and with patients and the community is just one of the many reasons we were recently named one of the nation’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare magazine. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity for a LPN/CMA (.37 FTE) at our Como Clinic – Urgent Care location. The purpose of this position is for service excellence to be centered on patient care and patient relationships. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members. Provide/support patient's care by performing tasks and duties consistent with professional standards. Effectively provide a quality level of service to both internal and external customers and carry out nursing tasks and medical orders as delegated by physicians and registered nurses to support patient care.
SCHEDULE: (28 hours/pay period)
Week 1: Sunday 2:30pm-8:30pm, Tuesday 1:00pm-5:00pm
Week 2: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 1:00pm-5:00pm, Saturday 2:30pm-8:30pm
HealthPartners Como Clinic in St. Paul, MN
Required Qualifications for LPN
Required Qualifications for CMA
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current LPN licensure in Minnesota
- Current CPR certification required within 6 months of hire and maintain.
- One-year full-time employment as a LPN preferred.
- Demonstration of written and oral communication skills required.
- High School diploma or GED
- Current Medical Assistant Certification or Registration
- New graduates:
- Must be a graduate of a formal Medical Assistant training program
- Must meet criteria for certification or registration
- Must register to take the certification or registration exam within 45 days of hire
- Must pass first scheduled certification or registration exam
- Current CPR certification within 6 months of hire
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including appropriate use of English grammar and spelling
- Demonstrated ability to function with multiple priorities and interruptions
- At least six months recent (within the last 3 years) experience in a direct patient care setting
- Computer skills
Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Must possess speech, hearing and sight skills to perform the functions of the position. Manual dexterity required. Must be able to speak, read and write English proficiently. Proficiency in other languages may be required. Some positions may have lifting requirements.
1. Perform functions that support / provide patient care.
A. Patients are roomed according to rooming and/or ICSI guidelines.
B. Vital signs and other pertinent physical measurements are obtained and recorded accurately.
C. Medication and clinical procedures are administered (according to authorized policy and demonstrating proficiency) and documented according to GHI policy. This may include DISCUS or AIMS assessment.
D. Charts are reviewed for the presence of pertinent information relevant to today’s encounter. This may include Prepared Practice work as developed by the team.
E. Needed and requested health educational materials are provided to the patient and documented.
F. Patients and their records are handled in a private and confidential manner per GHI policies.
G. Seek medical and/or nursing assistance when encountering an acutely ill patient or a patient with a changing condition.
H. Exam rooms and treatment rooms are prepared for examination of the patient and set up for procedures.
I. Charts are prepared and station records maintained which may include the following:
1) MSRs are checked for completion and routed appropriately.
2) Lab, x-ray and miscellaneous forms are prepared when requested.
3) Drug refills are processed according to clinic protocols.
4) Station logs, (i.e., pap, pathology, etc.) are monitored as assigned.
5) Prepare charts for patient appointments as indicated by the type of clinic visit and the reason for the appointment according to established practices and procedures.
J. Facilitate timely and accurate flow of communication within the clinic/location.
2. Cleaning & sterilizing procedures support infection control and OSHA standards.
3. Clinic supplies are adequately stocked and well organized.
4. All equipment is properly maintained and adequate records are kept.
5. Maintain current or compliant status as determined by the appropriate accrediting body.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
HealthPartners, nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care, offers a comprehensive benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.jobs, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID # 25944.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
Sat and Sun are on the same weekend. Weekends 5:00-8:30 this position works independently with provider.
Move Up Back to top
Apply Now Add to Job Cart
View Search Results View Job Cart (0) Send This Job to a Friend View My Account
HealthPartners - 2 years ago
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...