The Nurse will provide direct triage or first aide medical care and medication administration along with direct medical support to persons served. Other duties include but, are not limited to the following:
· Maintaining MARS, referrals, labs and follow ups for person served
· Working closely with staff and person served to ensure medical well-being of all persons served within a safe and clean environment
· Ensuring effective medical care, proper documentation, and reporting of all administration of medication to person served.
· Calculating, monitoring, and analyzing reports regarding medication administration and lab results
· Monitoring and documenting all occurrences of shift and logging
· Being on call for emergencies with prompt response time
· Providing immediate reports to managers of any discrepancies found on the Medication Administration sheets or in the person served medical care
· Notifying management of and follow ups in any emergency medical care for consumers
· Other duties as assigned
· LPN or RN (current and active NYS Licensure)
· LPN with 2 years of clinical/case management or RN NYS nursing License with minimum 2 years of experience
· Experienced in medication administration, first aid and triage
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
· Able to encourage positive attitude toward consumers capabilities and limitations
Leake & Watts has been providing social services for over 180 years, continually expanding our programs to meet the changing needs of...