Licensed Practical Nurse, Center for Reproductive Medicine
Regular full-time 40 hrs/wk M-F, occasional weekend
Current license to practice in North Carolina and CPR certification required.
Generic Job Description
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE 6661
FUNCTION OF JOB
Under direct supervision of a registered nurse or physician, perform nursing services in the care and treatment of patients.
1. Deliver nursing care activities consistent with education, training, and licensure according to an established health care plan, as delegated by the registered nurse or physician.
2. Direct or escort patients to various clinical areas; prepare patients and assist with examinations and assessments, make observations, collect data, and report information; perform physical and physiologic measurements using standardized guidelines.
3. Serve as liaison between patient and provider; administer and document medications ordered by the provider; telephone medication orders to the patient's pharmacy.
4. Assist with the interpretation of patient related data; recognize relationships between data gathered and patient's health care status and treatment regimens.
5. Participate in recording and reporting responsibilities; document findings relevant to patient's health care status or plan of care, document accurately and consistently in accordance with approved policies/procedures.
6. Review and document all procedures, medications, supplies, or additional testing done on the patient's chart.
7. Triage and document all incoming patient phone calls regarding medications, medical conditions and review with the provider when indicated, the necessary care ordered.
8. Clean and stock examination rooms and/or other supply areas.
9. Participate in clinical research studies by performing data collection and/or quality assurance.
10. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND GIVEN
Oral and/or written instructions are received from supervision.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Graduation from an accredited LPN training program.
2. Current and unencumbered NC Licensed Practical Nurse license.
3. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. Previous experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse in a clinical or other health care setting.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-0175. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Wake Forest University Health Sciences to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Demon Deacons may sound like a weary clergyman's nightmare but at Wake Forest, it's something to cheer about. Wake Forest...