General Statement of Duties: Identify health related needs, monitor medical status and work with residential staff to ensure a safe and healthy environment for individuals living in a community setting. Provide direct care service to individuals living in supervised residential settings and do so in a manner that promotes growth, independence, and dignity for those individuals served.
1. Attend to the daily needs of consumers on an individual basis as well as foster increased independence and self-determination.
2. Teach socialization skills and activities of daily living including: household maintenance; self-care and hygiene; self-awareness and human development, menu planning, food shopping and preparation; money management skills/budgeting; transportation and community orientation; consumer skills; and utilization of community resources.
3. Provide clinical oversight to agency programs regarding DPH Medication Administration.
4. Work with community physicians and program staff to formulate and implement effective medical treatment plans.
5. Ensure safe and proper storage of medications and ensure medications are administered as prescribed.
6. Record and appropriately utilize necessary data, daily progress notes, staff log and complete all other ISP and program required documentation.
7. Advise program manager and staff of any medical problems that may hinder an individual’s progress or that may be aggravated by activities at the program.
8. Consult with staff on methods of medical treatment and care.
9. Review medical records and physician orders to ensure program compliance, updating information as needed.
10. Transport consumers to and from day programs, medical appointments and other activities as required.
11. Provide opportunities for leisure time activities and foster independence in the choice and participation of those activities.
12. Maintain knowledge of ongoing program issues and developments as well as informing supervisor of program issues and concerns.
13. Perform other related work duties as needed or as assigned by program manager or designee.
14. Perform duties to reflect agency policies and procedures.
15. Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Universal/standard precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
16. If needed, provide 24hr on-call support on a rotating basis.
BAMSI, Inc. - 4 months ago