The Licensed Practical nurse will carry out nursing functions based on the nursing process in accordance with the medical regime, under the direction and supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse, in accordance with agency standards and policies. Responsible for ensuring that confidentiality is strictly maintained concerning all agency related information.
• Responsible for collecting and recording medical data including anthropometric measures, vital signs, allergies and smoking history.
• Observes/records general physical and mental condition of the patient and reports pertinent observations to the RN and or Provider.
• Carries out and records procedures, treatment, immunizations and administration of medication as ordered by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
• Follows instructions issued by RN and adheres to established agency policies/procedures Provides direction and assistance to Medical Assistant in direct patient care
• Provides health education for patients and their care providers and documents appropriately in the medical record
• Attends scheduled in-house meetings
• Maintains professional competence by attending one outside Continuing Education course or two outside Pharmaceutical Presentations annually. Responsible for providing proof of attendance to Nursing Director.
• Displays competency in nursing skills via “Annual Competency Evaluation” (see attached)
• Participates in one outside health fair or community event representing the Elmwood Health Center annually
• Assists in maintaining safety standards and infection control policies in the clinic
• Maintains current CPR certification and provides appropriate documentation to Nursing Director.
• Other duties as assigned.
TEAM FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Displays personal motivation by identifying and accomplishing a new professional/personal goal on annual basis. Works to incorporate new information/skill and responsibility into performance.
• Promotes positive image of the clinic and agency.
• Initiates and problem-solves utilizing available resources within level of responsibility.
• Contributes to a positive work environment by interacting in a courteous, pleasant, and professional manner. Functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team through utilization of communication skills and cooperation.
• Demonstrates flexibility by understanding different views. Adapts approach as situations change and accepts changes in the organization and job description requirements.
• Supports clinic/agency by accepting additional tasks outside of job description such as special projects, public education.
• Plans time off in advance and manages PTO according to department guidelines.