Position Summary: Provides and ensures quality resident care and the promotion of resident wellness. Provides direct nursing services to the residents ensuring optimal health and safety. Supervises the personal care staff who deliver customer services. Supports and enforces all policies, programs and philosophies of Country Meadows.
Routine Functions of the Position:
P romote a positive, respectful, and supportive environment for all residents, co-workers, families and facility guests.
Participate in welcome and orientation of all new residents.
Continually monitor resident needs to be sure they are being met and that customer service plans are current.
Communicate information from the customer service plan to the personal care staff and ensure that staff provides services specified in the plan.
Respond with appropriate actions and urgency to resident illness, injury or complaint. Notifies proper providers and/or supervisors of events.
Assure that medical orders are implemented.
Order medications and oversee that medication schedule is maintained for residents requiring medication assistance. Follow policies and procedures for medication system integrity.
Facilitate scheduling and the transportation to physician office visits for residents.
Maintain effective communication with residents and their families, physicians, pharmacist and proper outside agencies to ensure optimal resident care.
Protects resident rights and confidential information according to state and federal laws.
Performs treatments consistent with scope of practice. Consults with DOW and/or administrator to determine whether specific treatments require the use of external resources. Teaches staff and oversees resident treatments as appropriate.
Documents and maintains all pertinent resident related information according to company policies and regulatory requirements.
Observe for any signs of resident abuse or neglect. Takes immediate action to prevent harm and report incidents according to company policy and state law.
Actively protect resident and co-worker safety by recognizing and reporting or taking immediate action to minimize risk of accident or injury.
- Appropriately handle on-the-job injuries reported by co-workers.
- Respond to resident emergencies and react appropriately.
- Implement action plan to decrease risk of further incident occurrence.
- Follow requirements for completion of any safety related reports.
- Exhibit knowledge of emergency procedures.
Critical Success Factors:
- Supervise and direct personal care staff under the direction of the Director of Wellness and Assistant Director of Wellness. Maintains effective communication regarding staff and shift workload challenges.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, orientation and ongoing training of unit co-workers.
- Coach and manage co-worker performance. Evaluate co-worker performance collaborating with DOW and/or ADOW.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and continuing education.
- Expand personal development in nursing (especially related to older adults), performance management, knowledge of regulations or regulatory issues and communication skills.
- In conjunction with the Director of Wellness and Assistant Director of Wellness, is responsible for compliance with company policies and procedures, pharmacy policies and procedures and, regulatory agency rules and regulations.
- Compassionate and empathetic in personal interactions.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Highly organized.
- Leadership skills that demonstrate ability to positively influence the behavior of others.
- Self-supervising and self-motivating with willingness to cooperate and to work as a team member.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Ability to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, kneel, reach, stretch, carry up to 15 lbs., and to support up to 70 lbs.
- Secure proper assistance for transferring and lifting residents as needed.
- Current LPN or RN license in state where employed.
- CPR certified
- Prefer minimum of one year experience in assisted living or other health care.
- Prior supervisory experience in the healthcare industry preferred but not required.
Country Meadows Retirement Communities - 20 months ago
Country Meadows is a great place to work.
Country Meadows takes great pride in the fact that our co-workers are known for being among the...