LPN - Med/Surg
City, State: Birmingham,AL
Location: St Vincent's East
Department : 6 West SVE
Additional Job Details: Full-Time Days, 72 hours Bi-weekly
St. Vincent's Health System - St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St. Vincent's St. Clair, and St. Vincent’s Ambulatory Healthcare Network (a network of additional entities and services including St. Vincent’s One Nineteen, home health care, and family medicine) - Care you can believe in.
At St. Vincent’s Health System, we care about our associates just as much as we do our patients. We believe our highly skilled staff is instrumental in providing our faith-based model of care.
If you’re interested in joining a team with an impressive reputation for providing compassionate care, St. Vincent’s could be the right fit for you. Apply online today at www.stvhs.com/careers.asp .
Careers at St. Vincent's Health System
The LPN - Med/Surg provides basic bedside care to medical-surgical patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning with scope of license.
Education & Experience:
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments
- Performs routine laboratory tests and provides simple therapeutic services
- Educates patients/families concerning disease and treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources, rehabilitation and follow up
Graduate of an accredited practical or vocational nursing program required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in the state of Alabama required or licensure obtained by hire date
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider required within 30 days of hire date
A Member of Ascension Health
- 2 years ago - save job
St. Vincent's Health System is made up of five facilities: St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St. Vincent's...