The Licensed Practical Nurse is committed to providing the highest quality of care as identified in the GRH Mission. Nursing responsibilities may include: identifying and coordinating patient/family needs, providing preventative and supportive care to terminally ill patient/family unit and collaborating with the Team RN and other disciplines to ensure the highest quality of care is maintained. The License Practical Nurse is professional and serves as a GRH role model in the community. The Licensed Practical Nurse reports to the Manager of Inpatient Care.
Rotating weekends/12 hour shifts/IV certified
- Exhibits professionalism and responsiblity within and outside the company, contributes to a positive image.
- Possesses the ability to prioritize patient needs on a daily basis.
- Participates in the team responsibility of providing continuity of care while ensuring quality care is exercised. Involves back-up and on-call time when necessary.
- Is financially conscientious in providing cost-effective nursing care.
- Effectively communicates with RN Case Manager and NCM when needed in discussing matters related to nursing processes and services.
- Collaborates with Case Manager in the absence of an RN when requested.
- Maintains a good working relationship with team members and other disciplines with a common goal to provide exceptional patient care.
- Attends to patient and family complaints/concerns. Communicates issues clearly with RN Case Manager. Maintains a pro-active approach, assuring problem resolution is performed in an effective, timely manner. Uses persuasiveness and good judgment to formulate appropriate win-win outcomes when possible.
- Educates the community regarding Hospice care, philosophy and concept through a case by case consultation with individuals in the community, edcuational in-services or seminars.
- Currently licensed in the State of Florida as a Licensed Practical Nurse, with a minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience.
- Hospice, Oncology or Home Health experience is preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) year of acute care nursing experience with training in Palliative Care, Symptom Management and IV Therapy is desirable.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Must have current IV certification.
Gulfside Regional Hospice, Inc. - 18 months ago