Completion of high school or equivalent and trade or vocational school in licensed practical nursing. Current New Mexico LPN license or Graduate Practical Nurse Permit required , and current CPR certification required. Less than one year experience in ambulatory setting.
Primary Job Functions
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments, as ordered by Medical Provider/Standard of Care Protocol.
- Assists Medical Providers with procedures.
- Provides instructions and information, both written and verbal per Education Protocol; documents appropriately.
- Performs visit planning, within Health Maintenance Guidelines.
- Performs laboratory testing and assigned quality checks; documents appropriately.
- Documents on medical record within scope of practice.
- Assists in screening of patients, in collaboration with Care Manager.
- Performs patient preparation/rooming patients, as directed by visit plan.
- Interacts effectively with patients, families and other staff.
- Maintains established practice policies and procedures, objectives, quality assuranceprograms;and safety, environment and infection control standards.
- Completes required organizational and clinical competencies within the required time frame.
- Performs other functions as required.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 13 months ago
The 453-bed Presbyterian Hospital in downtown Albuquerque is the largest critical-care hospital in New Mexico and has been the hospital most...